Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Star with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Cartoon Star drawing.
Cartoon stars such as those in this drawing guide have been made popular by publications such as Highlights for Children and are commonly seen on classroom reward stickers.
In fact, children seem to start looking for eyes and faces in inanimate objects from a young age.
According to the following researcher: "The anthropocentric tendency is seen in all humans, worldwide, and is evident even in small children who see (and paint) eyes and faces on all sorts of inanimate objects. This sets in soon after birth, when babies get fixed on the triangle of the eyes and mouth in their mother's and other's faces."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Stars are often used as political symbols, as on the flags of many nations.
Stars are also associated with the "stardom" of film, television, and musical celebrities.
In the classroom and elsewhere, receipt of a star indicates a job well done.
Finally, "reaching for the stars" indicates setting lofty goals or achieving your dreams.
Did you know? The ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic for "star" had five points, just like this one.
Would you like to draw a cartoon star?
This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to help.
All you will need is a pen, pen, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Star
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Star for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line. This forms the concave sides of two of the star's arms.
Easy Cartoon Star Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue to draw the curved line, completing one of the star's arms.
Easy Cartoon Star Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue to draw the curved line, completing a second arm.
Easy Cartoon Star Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue to draw the curved line, completing the third of the five arms.
Easy Cartoon Star Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue to draw the curved line, completing the two remaining arms and enclosing the figure. You now have the outline of a five-pointed star.
Easy Cartoon Star Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two short, thick curved lines within the star. These form the star's eyebrows.
Easy Cartoon Star Drawing - Step 7
7. Enclose several successively smaller circles, one within the other, to form the eyes. Shade the second largest, indicating the pupil.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Star Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a nearly complete circle to form the star's nose.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Star Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a wide "U" shaped line to form the star's smiling mouth. Draw short curved lines at each end. Outline of you star drawing is now ready.
Color Your Cartoon Star Drawing
Color your star. In nature, stars may appear yellow, orange, red, white, or even blue. In a cartoon context, they can be any color you like, so be creative!
For more great Cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy and Fun Cartoons Drawing Ideas post.
Cartoon Star Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).