Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Sunglasses with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Sunglasses.
Sunglasses consist of a few simple shapes - half-oval lenses, the frames that surround them, parallel lines of the earpieces, and the teardrop shapes at their ends.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In fact, sunglasses look a lot like regular glasses - the main difference is the color of the lenses. You can learn how to draw glasses here.
The real fun is what these sunglasses mean to you. Whether it's a day at the beach (like the one in this beach drawing), a summer drive, or spy movies like Men in Black, sunglasses are a fun addition to your wardrobe and your sketchbook.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Cartoon Sunglasses
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Sunglasses for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon sunglasses outline by drawing a long curved line. Notice how it dips in the middle. This line forms the tops of the frames, the dip indicating the nose piece.
Easy Cartoon Sunglasses Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue the line in a "C" shape on one side. This is the portion of the frame that the earpiece will attach to. Then, extend another large "C" shaped line from it. This traces the bottom of the frame.
Easy Cartoon Sunglasses Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue the curved line to form the indention of the nosepiece, the remaining frame, and the bulge of the earpiece on the opposite side.
Easy Cartoon Sunglasses Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose a half-oval shape in one side of the frame. This outlines the lens of the glasses.
Easy Cartoon Sunglasses Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a half-oval-shaped lens in the remaining side of the frames.
Easy Cartoon Sunglasses Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend a pair of curved lines from the far side of the frames. Allow the lines to meet at the end, enclosing a downturned teardrop shape. This is the earpiece.
Easy Cartoon Sunglasses Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a pair of curved lines from the remaining side, allowing them to meet in a teardrop shape.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Sunglasses Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose a curved shape within each lens. Use two curved lines, and allow them to meet at points on each end. These shapes are reflections of light on the glasses' lenses.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Sunglasses Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the light reflection shape. Then, draw small, flat ovals in the bulges on each side of the frames. These are the screws or fasteners that connect the frames to the earpieces.
Color Your Cartoon Sunglasses Drawing
Your cartoon sunglasses outline is now complete. Color them solid black in a classic style, or shade them in bright, fun colors. Match them to your favorite outfit.
The lenses of sunglasses are tinted to block out light, and they come in many colors. Grey, metallic blue, and metallic pink are common.
For more great easy things drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute How to Draw Easy Things Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Sunglasses Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).