Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Spaceship with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Spaceship.
Would you like to explore strange new worlds? You can start by creating a cartoon spaceship drawing with the help of this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
This spaceship has a classic shape. It has a triangular nose cone, a cylindrical body, fins to stabilize its flight, and a round viewport so the passengers can see out.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Spaceship
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Spaceship for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon spaceship outline by drawing a series of curved lines. They should form an irregular, open, and curved pentagon shape. Two of the lines form the nose cone, and the other two outline the body or fuselage of the rocket.
Easy Cartoon Spaceship Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line across the bottom of the nose cone, completing the curved triangle shape. Then, extend pairs of curved lines from the sides of the spaceship. These will become the fins.
Easy Cartoon Spaceship Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose a curved parallelogram shape connecting and extending beyond each set of parallel lines, completing the stabilizer fins.
Easy Cartoon Spaceship Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another fin from a different angle. Between the first two fins, enclose a long teardrop shape. Then use curved lines to enclose curved shapes on each side of it.
Easy Cartoon Spaceship Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw curved lines across the rocket's cone and fuselage. One line should finish enclosing the rocket body. Draw a circle on the side of the spaceship. This will become the portal window or viewport.
Easy Cartoon Spaceship Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another circle within the circle, establishing the window's frame. Enclose rounded triangle shapes on each side of the rocket's body. Draw small circles, indicating bolts, along the bottom of the nose cone.
Easy Cartoon Spaceship Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a short, straight line from the nose cone and draw a small circle on top of it. Then, begin drawing the flames expulsed from the bottom of the rocket. Use curved lines of different lengths that meet at jagged points.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Spaceship Picture - Step 8
8. Finish enclosing the fire, using curved lines that meet at points.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Spaceship Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw another layer of flame within the first. Again, use curved lines of various lengths that meet at jagged points.
Color Your Cartoon Spaceship Drawing
Your cartoon spaceship outline is now complete. Color your drawing. We've shaded ours in the classic silver, red, and blue tones of the 1960s science fiction stories. Color the flames with yellow, orange, and red hues.
For more great easy things drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy How to Draw Things Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Spaceship Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).