Learn how to draw a great looking Cuphead with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Cuphead drawing.
"Don't Deal With the Devil." - Cuphead tagline
Would you like to learn how to draw Cuphead? Grab a pencil and get ready to battle some bosses!
Who is Cuphead? He is the title character of a "classic run and gun action game" inspired by the "rubber hose" cartoon animation employed by Disney and other studios of the 1930s.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Players will "traverse strange worlds, acquire new weapons, learn powerful super moves, and discover hidden secrets" as they pay back a debt - Cuphead has made a deal with the devil!
For many, this game is like a walk down memory lane to reruns of Saturday morning cartoons. "The visuals and audio are painstakingly created with the same techniques of the era: traditional hand-drawn cel animation, watercolor backgrounds, and original jazz recordings."
The game follows the story of Cuphead and his brother Mugman. They live on Inkwell Isle, where the Devil runs a gambling casino.
The Devil says he may not take their souls if they do a job for him - they must travel around battling bosses to collect on debtors' "soul contracts."
Cuphead has been named one of the 'Top 10 Hardest Video Games.' Said one player, "Don't let the colorful environment, upbeat soundtrack, and happy little barbershop quartets fool you – Cuphead is tough."
The game may be hard, but drawing Cuphead is not! This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Cuphead
How to Draw a Great Looking Cuphead for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the character's teacup-shaped head. Use two curved lines to create the shape of the cup. Then, draw two "C" shaped lines to form the handle.
Easy Cuphead Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw Cuphead's face. Use overlapping curved lines to outline his half-circle eyes. To form the pupils, draw a partial oval within each eye, and connect the open ends with a "V" shaped line. Draw a small oval for the nose, and use curved lines to form the smirking mouth.
Easy Cuphead Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the bendy straw protruding from the head. Use pairs of lines to outline each segment, and connect them on the end. Then, band the straw with curved lines to form stripes.
Easy Cuphead Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch Cuphead's arm. Use curved lines to form the arm, the cuff of the glove, the hand, and the overlapping fingers.
Easy Cuphead Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the remaining arm. Use curved lines to form the arm, the cuff of the glove, the hand, and the overlapping fingers.
Easy Cuphead Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to outline the top, sides, legs, and inseam of Cuphead's pants.
Easy Cuphead Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend pairs of lines from each pant leg to form the legs. Connect them with a curved line at the bottom. Draw a "C" shaped line around each to form the top of the shoes.
Add More Details to Your Cuphead Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to enclose the irregular shape of the shoe and its sole.
Complete the Outline of Your Cuphead Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the remaining shoe, a mirror image of the first.
Color Your Cuphead Drawing
Color your cartoon of Cuphead. He typically has red shoes and shorts, a black shirt, and red stripes on his straw.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cuphead Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).