Learn how to draw a great looking Kermit the Frog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Kermit the Frog.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"It's not easy bein' green...
But green's the color of spring...
I'm green and it'll do fine.
It's beautiful. And I think it's what I want to be."
- "It's Not Easy Bein' Green," The Muppets Wizard of Oz
Kermit the Frog is one of the most recognizable characters of both Sesame Street and The Muppet Show. He debuted in 1955 on a show called Sam and Friends.
Kermit represents the Everyman archetype, and he has worked as a news reporter and producer. As such, he is often the "straight man" in comedy skits, the character who maintains his composure when others act strangely.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
He is constantly pursued by the amorous Miss Piggy, who refers to him as "Kermie." In the real world, two Kermit the Frog songs - "The Rainbow Connection" and "The First Time It Happens" - were nominated for Academy Awards.
Would you like to draw Kermit the frog? Hop on over and check out this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You'll also need crayons, markers, or colored pencils in various shades of green to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street, Cookie Monster from Sesame Street, and Big Bird from Sesame Street.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Kermit the Frog
How to Draw a Great Looking Kermit the Frog for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Kermit's head. Outline a round shape that protrudes slightly at the chin and cheeks.
Easy Kermit the Frog Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw Kermit's eyes, erasing guide lines as necessary. For each eye, outline a round shape, then shade a small circle in the middle. Draw a curved line through the small circle.
Easy Kermit the Frog Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Kermit's mouth using two wide "U" shaped lines. Use another "U" shaped line to outline the tongue, and draw a short line down its center.
Easy Kermit the Frog Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of "V" shaped lines to outline Kermit's collar.
Easy Kermit the Frog Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw an oval to outline Kermit's body.
Easy Kermit the Frog Drawing - Step 6
6. Use "V" shaped lines to outline Kermit's arm - notice the rounded point of the elbow. Then, use a series of curved lines to outline Kermit's hand and fingers.
Easy Kermit the Frog Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Kermit's other arm, erasing guide lines as necessary. Use two wide "V" shaped lines with rounded points. Then, use curved lines to complete the hand. Distinguish the fingers using narrowly spaced lines.
Add More Details to Your Kermit the Frog Picture - Step 8
8. Use a pair of wide, curved, "V" shaped lines to outline Kermit's leg, bent at the knee. Use curved lines to outline the foot, and a series of small "V" shaped lines to indicate the toes.
Complete the Outline of Your Kermit the Frog Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to draw Kermit's remaining leg and foot. Enclose the toes using a series of small "V" shaped lines.
Color Your Kermit the Frog Drawing
Color Kermit the frog. He is famously green in color with a lighter green collar.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Kermit the Frog Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).