Learn how to draw a great looking Gonzo from the Muppet Show with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Gonzo from the Muppet Show.
"I shall now eat a rubber tire to the music of 'The Flight of the Bumblebee'...music, maestro!"
- Gonzo, The Muppet Show
Gonzo personality involves low self-esteem, but also for a zest for life. He enjoys whatever he is doing, no matter how dangerous.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
It is also noted that he is unlike any recognizable animal, and his large nose is often called a beak. In various stories, he is compared to a bird, an alien, or a Frackle - a type of Muppet monster. Gonzo's girlfriend is Camilla the chicken.
Gonzo has appeared in every Muppets movie, on the television show, and in cartoons, books, toys, and more.
From where did Gonzo get his name? The term gonzo is an Americanism first used in the 1970s phrase "gonzo journalism." It has come to mean bizarre, subjective, crazy, or eccentric - all of which aptly describe the Muppet by the same name.
Would you like to draw Gonzo? This easy, step-by-step Muppet drawing tutorial is here to help.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Gonzo from the Muppet Show
How to Draw a Great Looking Gonzo from the Muppet Show for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing two circles connected to one another. These will form Gonzo's eyes.
Easy Gonzo from the Muppet Show Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend a long curved line from below one eye and across the other. Double it back upon itself so that it forms a large, incomplete "C" shape. Then use another long line to craft a similar shape inside the first. This forms Gonzo's absurdly large nose.
Easy Gonzo from the Muppet Show Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a curved line to enclose a circular shape within each eye. Then draw a small circle within each eye to form the pupils. Outside each eye, enclose a double layer of rounded shapes using curved lines. These form Gonzo's eyelids. Erase guide lines from the nose.
Easy Gonzo from the Muppet Show Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Gonzo's mouth. Use a trio of "U" shaped lines to draw the lower jaw and tongue. Enclose the mouth and connect it to the nose using a curved line. Finally, detail the side of the mouth and tongue with short lines.
Easy Gonzo from the Muppet Show Drawing - Step 5
5. Outline Gonzo's furry head. Use a long curved line for the top of the head. At the back of the head, use short curved lines that meet at sharp points.
Easy Gonzo from the Muppet Show Drawing - Step 6
6. Detail Gonzo's head with the texture of fur. Draw a series of short lines that meet at jagged points at the side of side head and below his mouth.
Easy Gonzo from the Muppet Show Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to outline the collar of his garment, fully enclosing the shape of the head.
Add More Details to Your Gonzo from the Muppet Show Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a bowtie at the center of the collar, erasing guide lines as necessary. Use curved lines to outline the rectangular shape at the center of the bow, and the irregular shapes of the ribbon. Detail the folds of the bow with curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Gonzo from the Muppet Show Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw Gonzo's unruly hair - or feathers, perhaps. Use long curved lines, and double them back upon themselves to form each hair.
Color Your Gonzo from the Muppet Show Drawing
Color Gonzo. He is typically blue in color with yellow eyelids and a pink or purple nose.
Then, check out our character drawing guides, where you'll find additional Muppet friends, including Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Gonzo from the Muppet Show Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).