Learn how to draw a great looking Fog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Fog.
Fog is a cloud that hovers over the ground instead of in the sky. Learn how to draw fog so that you can sketch a beautiful landscape.
When water vapor condenses, the water droplets can hover in the air to make fog. Fog isn't as thick as rain, but it still creates moisture in the air. People often see fog after a rainstorm.
Fog can be spooky sometimes because it obscures your vision. Many people bring fake fog machines to haunted houses during Halloween. However, fog can add natural beauty to a landscape, like the highway leading to the mountains in your drawing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Sometimes, fog can be so dense that it obscures trees and mountains. Have you ever ridden in a car when fog was hovering over the road? The driver probably had trouble seeing the highway and activated the car's fog lights.
Use this guide to sketch this mysterious force of nature. Draw the setting for fun, or insert a character in the story. You might want to draw a cartoon rain coat so that your character doesn't get wet!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Fog
How to Draw a Great Looking Fog for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Sketch loose, wavy lines like you're drawing a cartoon cloud. Make the lines wide and graceful to capture the "rolling fog" look.
Easy Fog Drawing - Step 2
2. Repeat the previous step on the right. Make the fog point in the opposite direction and add a swirl at the end like a snail shell.
Easy Fog Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch more vertical loops on the left to outline the first tree.
Easy Fog Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw more loops with a thin loop on top to complete the tree, then repeat the previous step for the tree on the right.
Easy Fog Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the rest of the tree. Sketch a horizontal line for the horizon, then draw two curved lines for the road.
Easy Fog Drawing - Step 6
6. Repeat the previous steps to outline a smaller tree on the left behind the first one. Sketch vertical lines that run parallel to the road and connect them with horizontal lines to make rectangles.
Easy Fog Drawing - Step 7
7. Sketch two more trees, then draw a wavy horizontal line in the background.
Add More Details to Your Fog Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the mountains with uneven triangles. Add more wavy horizontal lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Fog Drawing - Step 9
9. Repeat the previous step to complete the foggy mountains.
Color Your Fog Drawing
Outline your drawing with black, then color the fog with different shades of pale gray and muted green. Add darker shades of green and gray for trees and mountains. Use greenish-gray for the road with white for the lines.
Add a cartoon rain clouds drawing to the sky for more realism.
For more great landscape drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Landscape Drawing Guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Fog Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).