Learn how to draw a great looking Garlic with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Garlic.
If garlic is a key ingredient in your favorite foods, you can use this easy, step-by-step vegetable drawing guide to stock up.
You can set a quintessential Italian culinary scene complete with this spaghetti drawing and a glass of wine. Or, you can use this illustration to adorn your favorite recipes or the menu for your next family meal.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
According to some superstitions, garlic will even keep vampires away. Have you tried it?
As you follow the steps below, you will notice that the garlic bulbs are roughly teardrop shaped. Each bulb consists of overlapping lines to indicate the individual cloves - some of which you see laying in front of the garlic bulbs.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Garlic
How to Draw a Great Looking Garlic for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the garlic outline by drawing individual cloves. For the first clove, draw a large "U" shaped line. Then, draw another curved line overlapping the first.
Easy Garlic Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw more garlic cloves on each side of the first two. Use overlapping curved lines. Notice how each set of lines becomes a little longer, forming the neck of the garlic.
Easy Garlic Drawing - Step 3
3. Connect the sides of the garlic neck using a curved line, and contour it using additional curved lines. At the bottom of the bulb, use a series of short curved lines to enclose the bushy shape of the roots. Extend a long curved line from the side of the garlic to begin sketching a second bulb.
Easy Garlic Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the opposite side of the bulb using a long curved line. Contour one of the cloves with an additional curved line. Use a series of short lines that meet at jagged points to enclose the roots.
Easy Garlic Drawing - Step 5
5. Connect the neck of the garlic and contour the cloves using curved lines of various lengths.
Easy Garlic Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a single clove of garlic disconnected from the bulbs. Use a long curved line and double it back upon itself. Notice how the lines meet at a point at one end.
Easy Garlic Drawing - Step 7
7. Detail the garlic clove by drawing a curved line along its side. Then, draw another clove. Again, use a curved line and double it back on itself, allowing the lines to meet at a point.
Add More Details to Your Garlic Picture - Step 8
8. Contour the clove with a curved line, then draw another one partially hidden behind it. Use a long curved line, allowing the ends to meet at a point.
Complete the Outline of Your Garlic Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw an oval at the back of the garlic clove. Texture the skin of the cloves with curved lines.
Your garlic outline is complete.
Color Your Garlic Drawing
Color your garlic cartoon. Most garlic is white or cream in color. Some are purplish, as are the loose cloves in our illustration. Sometimes garlic is aged to produce flavorful black cloves.
For more great plant drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Plants for Beginners.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Garlic Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).