Learn how to draw a great looking Lady Finger with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Lady Finger.
Whether you love it or hate you, you can learn how to draw a lady finger or okra plant with the help of this easy, step-by-step vegetable drawing guide.
Lady's fingers, okra, ochro - where did this veggie get such strange names? The latter two come from African-language words for the vegetable. As for the former, take a look at this drawing of a hand. Do the okra pods look a bit like green fingers?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The lady finger itself is shaped a bit like this banana drawing - small varieties of which, incidentally, have also been given the name lady's fingers.
In the steps that follow, you will learn how to draw a full, intact okra pod, fresh from the garden, as well as one that has been sliced in preparation for cooking.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Okra
How to Draw a Great Looking Lady Finger for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the lady finger outline by drawing a rough teardrop shape. Notice that the wide end of the teardrop includes straight segments like the sides of an octagon.
Easy Lady Finger Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a series of lines to complete the octagon shape, with a small circle in the middle. Then texture the sides of the pod with long curved lines.
Easy Lady Finger Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw seven gently pointed egg shapes within the octagon, surrounding the circle. These represent the seed cavities visible on the cut end of the okra.
Easy Lady Finger Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the second, intact okra pod. Use a long curved line and double it back upon itself, tracing the length of the pod. Connect the ends of the line with a "C" shaped line that is gently jointed to suggest the octagonal shape.
Easy Lady Finger Drawing - Step 5
5. Enclose the "C" shape with a curved line, forming the stem. Draw another, smaller "C" shaped line at the tip of the stem to give it a three-dimensional appearance. Then, texture the sides of the okra with long curved lines.
Easy Lady Finger Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw an octagonal slice of okra laying on its side. First, use straight lines to trace an incomplete octagon shape. Then, draw another line parallel to three sides of it.
Easy Lady Finger Drawing - Step 7
7. Fill the gap by drawing another slice overlapping the first. Again, trace the octagon outline.
Add More Details to Your Lady Finger Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a line parallel to three sides of the second slice, affording it a three-dimensional appearance. Then, draw the central circle and egg-shaped seeds of the first slice.
Complete the Outline of Your Lady Finger Drawing - Step 9
9. Finish drawing the seeds of the first slice, then move on to the second slice.
Your lady finger outline is now complete.
Color Your Lady Finger Drawing
Color your cartoon okra. The vegetable is generally dark green in color with bright white seeds.
For more great plant drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Plants Step-by-Step Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Lady Finger Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).