Learn how to draw a great looking Grandparents with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Grandparents.
Grandparents make us happy. Capture the joy of childhood with the help of this easy, step-by-step grandparents drawing guide.
Drawing your grandparents is not hard to do. Look for the blue lines added in each step, and add them to your own drawing. Sometimes, the lines will form familiar shapes, such as circles or ovals.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Soon, you will have a lovely pair of grandparents in your sketchbook!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Grandparents
How to Draw a Great Looking Grandparents for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the grandparents outline by drawing the grandmother's face. Use curved lines to sketch the rectangular eyes, eyelashes, eyelids, eyebrows, nose, smiling mouth, and wrinkles. Shade an oval pupil inside each eye.
Easy Grandparents Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to outline the grandmother's face and hair. Pay special attention to the shape of the ears, the line of the chin, the "V" of the hairline, and the round bun on top of the head.
Easy Grandparents Drawing - Step 3
3. Detail the grandmother's wrinkled forehead, ears, and parted hair with curved lines. Then, use curved lines to sketch the collar, sleeve, and sides of her sweater, as well as her hand.
Easy Grandparents Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue drawing the grandmother's clothing. Draw a round button near the neck of her shirt, and use curved lines to sketch the rectangular shapes of her open sweater, its sleeve, and her skirt. Extend pairs of lines below the skirt to form her legs.
Easy Grandparents Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to enclose the irregular shapes of the grandmother's shoes. Then, begin sketching the grandfather's face. Use curved lines for his large "C" shaped nose, rectangular eyes, eyelids, and eyebrows. Shade an oval-shaped pupil within each eye.
Easy Grandparents Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to draw the grandfather's bushy mustache, chin, cheeks, bald head, and ears.
Easy Grandparents Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw circles around the grandfather's eyes, forming his glasses. Complete the frame with short lines between the circles and between the circles and the ears. Use a series of connected "U" shaped lines to sketch the hair above the ears. Begin the collar of the shirt with "V" shaped lines.
Add More Details to Your Grandparents Picture - Step 8
8. Use long curved lines for the sides and sleeves of the shirt, a "V" shaped line for its neck, circles for buttons, and overlapping curved lines for the hand and fingers.
Complete the Outline of Your Grandparents Drawing - Step 9
9. Use long curved lines to enclose the grandfather's pants, shoes, and "J" shaped cane or walking stick.
Color Your Grandparents Drawing
Your cartoon grandparents outline is now complete. What do your grandparents look like? What color is their hair? What does their favorite clothing look like?
For more great easy human body drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute How to Draw Easy Human Body Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Grandparents Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).