Learn how to draw a great looking Grandma Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Grandma Face.
What does your grandma look like? Learn how to draw a grandma face with the help of this easy, step-by-step tutorial, then customize the colors to resemble your family member!
This grandmother portrait is made using curved lines as well as a few familiar shapes, such as ovals and rectangles. In each step, simply look for the new lines highlighted in blue, and add them to your drawing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
What can you do with this grandma portrait? Try adding it to this family tree drawing.
Check out this old man face drawing tutorial so that you can add grandpa to the family tree, too!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Grandma Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Grandma Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the grandma face outline by drawing her eyes. First, draw two curved lines to indicate the tops of the cheeks. Enclose an oval-shaped eye above each cheek. Then, draw an oval within an oval inside each eye. Shade between them to indicate the pupils.
Easy Grandma Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line above each eye to indicate the eyelids. Draw short curved lines on the side of each eye to form the eyelashes. Between the eyes, use a curved line to sketch the nose and nostrils. Shade a small oval on each nostril.
Easy Grandma Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, use curved lines to draw the smiling mouth and to contour the corners of the mouth and the cheeks.
Easy Grandma Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose a rounded rectangle around each eye. These will become the glasses. Then, use curved lines to outline the sides of the face and neck.
Easy Grandma Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another, smaller rectangle inside each of the existing ones. Connect the glasses with two curved lines in the middle. Within the bounds of the glasses frames, draw short lines beside each eye to indicate wrinkles.
Easy Grandma Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose a curved eyebrow above each eye, and use curved lies to draw wrinkles between them. Then, use a series of connected curved lines to begin drawing the hair around the forehead.
Easy Grandma Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to draw the ears and contour within them. Draw a small oval to indicate an earring on the lobe of each ear. From the side of each ear, extend a curved line and double it back upon itself. These are the earpieces of the glasses.
Add More Details to Your Grandma Face Picture - Step 8
8. Use a series of connected, curved lines to finish enclosing the grandmother's hair. Connect the sides of her neck with a curved line.
Complete the Outline of Your Grandma Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Contour the neck with curved lines, and use a series of "U" shaped lines to enclose the collar of the garment around it. From the collar, extend curved lines to form the shoulders.
Color Your Grandma Face Drawing
Your grandma's face outline is now complete. Color your grandma cartoon. Does your grandma have white hair, or does she color it? What color are her glasses and her favorite dress?
For more great easy people drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy How to Draw People Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Grandma Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).