Learn how to draw a great looking Hatsune Miku with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Hatsune Miku drawing.
Hatsune Miku is "an android diva in the near-future world where songs are lost." She is depicted as a 16-year-old girl with blue hair. Her name means "the first sound of the future."
This is an apt name, and Miku is one of the first "vocaloid" characters released. Vocaloid software allows a user to create musical elements by combining pre-recorded sounds into lyrics and words.
Miku is a moe anthropomorph, an anime-style rendering of an inanimate object - in this case, a computer program. Moe refers to strong affection felt towards an anime character or other objects, even though a real romantic relationship with it can never be obtained.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Miku is now the protagonist of the manga series Maker Hikōshiki Hatsune Mix and the video game Hatsune Miku: Project Diva. She has also performed "live" at concerts, her image being projected onto a glass screen.
Would you like to draw Hatsune Miku? This easy, step-by-step anime character drawing tutorial can show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Hatsune Miku
How to Draw a Great Looking Hatsune Miku for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Hatsune's face. Use a curved "V" shaped line for the cheek and chin. Then, use pairs of long lines that meet at sharp points to form strands of hair.
Easy Hatsune Miku Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a long, curved line to form the top of the head. Then, use additional lines that meet at sharp points. Draw two lines descending beneath the head to form the neck.
Easy Hatsune Miku Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a curved line to enclose a rounded shape at the side of the face. Then, draw a narrow rectangle above the head. From each corner, draw straight lines attaching the rectangle to the head. Then, draw several straight lines down the center of each of the shapes.
Easy Hatsune Miku Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a square within a square overlapping the side of the head. Erase previous lines as necessary. Connect the two squares, drawing straight lines between their corners. Band each side of the squares with straight lines along their length. Then, draw a curved line from the square to the neck, completing the shape of the head.
Easy Hatsune Miku Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two curved triangles beneath the neck to form the collar of the garment. Draw lines parallel to the outer edges. Sketch a rounded shape between the triangles to form the knot of the tie. Then, extend a pair of curved lines to form the tie.
Easy Hatsune Miku Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to draw the shoulders and torso. Draw a wavy line along each shoulder and band it with short lines. Sketch a narrow rectangle on the chest and draw a curved line beneath it, indicating a pocket.
Easy Hatsune Miku Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend curved lines from each shoulder to form the arms. On one arm, draw curved lines to indicate the material of a sleeve. Draw circles and lines above it. For the other, do something similar, this time extending lines downward to indicate the long, flowing material of the sleeve. Use curved and "U" shaped lines to draw the clenched hand.
Add More Details to Your Hatsune Miku Picture - Step 8
8. Draw long, curved lines extending from the middle of each of the squares, erasing as necessary. This forms the long pigtails.
Complete the Outline of Your Hatsune Miku Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail Hatsune's face. On one side of the face, draw a small rectangle containing lines and dots. Draw additional strands of hair where necessary. Use curved lines to form the mouth, nose, and eyebrows. Use curved lines and circles within circles to draw the expressive anime eyes.
Color Your Hatsune Miku Drawing
Color Hatsune Miku. She has blue hair and eyes.
For more great Anime drawing tutorials, see the 31 Step-by-Step Anime Drawing Guides post.
Hatsune Miku Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).