Learn how to draw a great looking Natsu from Fairy Tail with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Natsu from Fairy Tail.
“The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.”
- Natsu Dragneel
Natsu “Salamander” Dragneel is the protagonist of a popular shonen anime. He is a carefree and reckless young man, often wishing to prove his strength in fights. He is fiercely loyal to his friends, however, and quite forgiving, never holding a grudge.
Natsu is a Dragon Slayer, and he uses dragon flame in various forms of attack. He was also among the group of dragon slayers sent into the future. His adoptive father Igneel was the Fire Dragon King, an actual dragon.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Natsu has appeared in two films, nine video animations, a television series, manga comic books, and video games.
Would you like to draw Natsu from Fairy Tale?
This easy, step-by-step anime character drawing guide is here to show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Natsu from Fairy Tail
How to Draw a Great Looking Natsu from Fairy Tail for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Natsu’s face. Sketch the chin using a long, curved line, noting the gentle point in the middle. Draw locks of hair on each side of the face using pairs of long, curved lines that meet at downward-facing points.
Easy Natsu from Fairy Tail Drawing - Step 2
2. First, draw Natsu’s ear. Use a curved line for the outline, and additional short lines to indicate the details. Then, continue drawing Natsu’s spiky hair. Use pairs of curved lines of various lengths. Draw locks at the back of the head and rising from the forehead. Texture the central lock with a few short lines.
Easy Natsu from Fairy Tail Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue to draw the triangular spikes of Natsu’s hair. Texture each with an additional line running down its length.
Easy Natsu from Fairy Tail Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue to draw the triangular spikes of Natsu’s hair until it forms a circular shape around his head. Detail some of the locks with an additional line down the middle. Fill in any of the areas where the hair seems thin.
Easy Natsu from Fairy Tail Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Natsu’s scarf. Outline the shape using a series of curved lines. Then, draw curved lines down the middle to indicate folds in the fabric.
Easy Natsu from Fairy Tail Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the torso. Outline the shoulder and upper arm using a curved line. Define the muscle using a few short lines. Draw additional curved lines – one to indicate the front of the garment and another for the sleeve opening. Draw a horizontal line to define the chest muscles.
Easy Natsu from Fairy Tail Drawing - Step 7
7. Detail the scarf by banding it with wavy lines. Use curved lines to sketch the tattoo on Natsu’s shoulder. This is his guild mark.
Add More Details to Your Natsu from Fairy Tail Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Natsu’s classic anime eyes. Draw heavily shaded “L” shaped lines for the top of the eyes. Draw the bottom of the eyes and contour the brow using short lines. For each pupil, draw an oval within an oval and shade between them.
Complete the Outline of Your Natsu from Fairy Tail Drawing - Step 9
9. Use long curved lines to outline Natsu’s smirking mouth. Draw short lines at each end of the mouth to indicate the presence of teeth. Use additional short lines to indicate the nose and chin.
Color Your Natsu from Fairy Tail Drawing
Color Natsu. He has pink hair and wears a white scarf to cover a scar.
For more great Anime drawing tutorials, see the 31 Easy Anime Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Natsu from Fairy Tail Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).