Learn how to draw a great looking Sailor Moon with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Sailor Moon.
“I am Sailor Moon, champion of justice! On behalf of the moon, I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you!"
- Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon - also called Tsukino Usagi or Serena Tsukino - is the title character of the manga and anime series of the same name.
The character made her debut in Nakayoshi magazine in 1991.
Serena thought she was an ordinary girl. Later, she discovered that she was the reincarnated form of Princess Serenity of the Moon Kingdom.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Sailor Moon has starred in comic books, television series, cameo roles, and a live-action performance adaptation.
Would you like to draw Sailor Moon? This easy, step-by-step anime character drawing tutorial can show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Sailor Moon
How to Draw a Great Looking Sailor Moon for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Sailor Moon’s face. Use curved lines to sculpt the sides of the face, meeting at a gentle point at the chin.
Easy Sailor Moon Drawing - Step 2
2. Begin drawing Sailor Moon’s hair. Draw each lock using two curved lines that meet at a point. Notice how the central lock is curved more than the others, crescent moon shaped.
Easy Sailor Moon Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue to draw Sailor Moon’s hair using curved lines that meet at a point. Again, notice the moon shape of the lock at the center of the forehead.
Easy Sailor Moon Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose Sailor Moon’s ear using a curved line, and detail the inside with additional curved lines. Continue to draw her hair using curved lines that meet at jagged points. Texture the hair on top of her head with pairs of curved lines.
Easy Sailor Moon Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the remaining ear using a curved line. Continue the hair using curved lines, fully enclosing it.
Easy Sailor Moon Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose a partial circle on each side of the head. Then, draw two smaller circles within each circle. Draw curved lines between the outer circles, creating a banded pattern. This indicates Sailor Moon’s unique hairstyle.
Easy Sailor Moon Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend two curved lines beneath the head, forming the neck. Enclose the neck with two curved lines at the bottom, and draw a crescent moon shape between them. Then, draw Sailor Moon’s garment. Enclose a curved triangular shape beneath the neck, and two more curved triangles on each side of it. Enclose rectangular shapes using long, curved lines across the shoulders.
Add More Details to Your Sailor Moon Picture - Step 8
8. Extend a pair of long, curved lines from each side of the head, forming Sailor Moon’s long hair. Draw a diagonal line between each pair.
Complete the Outline of Your Sailor Moon Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail your drawing Sailor Moon's face. Draw several small circles descending from each ear, culminating in a crescent moon. This forms the earrings. Draw the eyes using three ovals each, with parallel lines between the outermost. Use curved lines to indicate the nose, mouth, chin, cheeks, eyelashes, and eyebrows. In the center of the forehead, draw four parallel “V” shaped lines with an oval in between.
Draw short, curved lines beneath the neck to indicate the collar bones. Draw many parallel curved lines across the collar of the garment.
Color Your Sailor Moon Drawing
Color Sailor Moon. She has blonde hair and a red, white, and blue outfit.
For more great anime drawing tutorials, see the 31 Best anime Drawing Tutorials post.
Curious for more? Learn how to draw over 100 manga characters.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Sailor Moon Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).