Learn how to draw a great looking Headphones with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Headphones.
Headphones are a pair of small loudspeakers that are held to the ears by a wire headband that passes over the head. Headphones are also called earphones, ear-speakers, or cans. Headphones with a built-in microphone are often called headsets.
Headphones are often used in professional applications, such as by pilots, DJs, and film editors. They are also used by consumers who wish to make phone calls, play video games, or listen to music hands-free.
Did you know? The first headphones were invented in 1910. They were made by hand in the inventor's kitchen, using parts of a telephone receiver earpiece. Their first official application was the U.S. Navy.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
There are many different types of headphones. Circumaural headphones cover the ear, while supra-aural headphones rest on the ear. Earbuds are placed in the ear itself, while bone conduction headphones sit in front of the ear, sending sound waves through the bones of the skull to the eardrums.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of headphones? This easy, step-by-step cartoon object drawing guide is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper to rock on.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Headphones
How to Draw a Great Looking Headphones for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will outline one headphone.
Easy Headphones Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw an oval along one edge of the circle. Then, draw curved lines around it. The result should resemble a striped toy ball.
Easy Headphones Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw an oval, partially hidden by the circle. This will form the second headphone.
Easy Headphones Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a curved line from one side of the oval to the other, outlining the side and back of the second headphone.
Easy Headphones Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw curved lines across the side of the second headphone.
Easy Headphones Drawing - Step 6
6. Detail the earcup. Draw an oval inside the second headphone. Then, draw a curved line down its center, giving it a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Headphones Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the headband of the headphones, erasing as necessary. Draw a long, curved line from the top of one headphone to the side of the other. Draw a second curved line, parallel to the first. It should go from the top of one headphone, through the other headphone, culminating at the base of the inner oval.
Add More Details to Your Headphones Picture - Step 8
8. Draw two curved lines across the headband, giving it a three-dimensional appearance.
Complete the Outline of Your Headphones Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw straight, parallel lines across each side of the headband. Draw a small rectangle between two of these lines.
Color Your Headphones Drawing
Color your headphones. Black and red are popular colors, as are gold, white, and the pinkish rose gold.
Then, check out our other cartoon object drawing guides, which include sports, food, musical instruments, and more.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Headphones Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).