Learn how to draw a great looking Lipstick with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Lipstick.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Cosmetics like lipstick have been used since ancient times.
The ancient Egyptians, Babylonians, Greeks, and others used lip color.
Queen Elizabeth I of England used a red chemical called mercuric sulfide, a pigment also used to make vermillion paint.
A cosmetic called rouge was used both as a lipstick and as a blush on the cheeks.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In the past, women who wore lipstick and other makeup were considered to be of poor moral character.
This began to change during the 1800s. Today, lipstick is often associated with beauty and perhaps fame.
Sometimes, lipstick is even personified as a character in its own right, such as Lippy Lips from the Shopkins toy line.
Would you like to draw a tube of lipstick? This easy, step-by-step cartoon object drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper.
Would you like your lipstick to color this mouth drawing?
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Lippy Lips from Shopkins, Teeth and Lips, and Barbie Doll.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Lipstick
How to Draw a Great Looking Lipstick for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing two long, curved, parallel lines on a diagonal slant. Connect them at the bottom with a curved line. This forms the base of the lipstick tube, case, or holder.
Easy Lipstick Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a "C" shaped line to connect the lines at the top. This forms the opening of the tube.
Easy Lipstick Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another, slightly smaller, "C" shaped line within the first. This outlines the rim of the tube opening.
Easy Lipstick Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two straight parallel lines emerging from the tube. This will form the upper or inner portion of the tube, against which the lower portion is twisted to draw the lipstick in or out.
Easy Lipstick Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a "C" shaped line to enclose the top of the tube.
Easy Lipstick Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another "C" shaped line within the previous one, outlining the rim of the tube.
Easy Lipstick Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a long curved line from one side of the tube. Double it back upon itself, noting how the curve is shifted to one side. This will become the stick of lipstick itself.
Add More Details to Your Lipstick Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a "C" shaped line near the tip of the lipstick. This outlines the flat surface that is applied to the lips.
Complete the Outline of Your Lipstick Drawing - Step 9
9. Add dimension to the drawing. Draw a curved line down one side of the lipstick, and straight lines down the side of the tube.
Color Your Lipstick Drawing
Color your cartoon lipstick. Pink, red, purple, tan - what is your perfect shade?
Which cartoon character would you have wear this lipstick? Jessica Rabbit? A Disney princess? An anime cutie? A Barbie doll? Someone else? The choice is yours.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Lipstick Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).