Learn how to draw a great looking Donald Duck with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Donald Duck.
Donald Duck is a classic Disney character. He debuted in 1934 in The Wise Little Hen and is famous for his quacking voice that is hardly intelligible. He also has a quick temper.
Donald has a big cartoon family. His love interest is Daisy Duck. He also has two uncles, Scrooge McDuck and Ludwig Von Drake, and three nephews - Huey, Dewey, and Louie.
Did you know? Donald's middle name is Fauntleroy. In 2002, he was listed among TV Guide's 50 greatest cartoon characters of all time. He holds the record of the most film appearances of any Disney character, and some of his early films were recognized at the Academy Awards. He is also the most published character in comic books outside of the superhero genre.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw Donald Duck? This easy, step-by-step Disney character drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Donald Duck
How to Draw a Great Looking Donald Duck for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a "C" shaped line. This outlines the top of Donald's head.
Easy Donald Duck Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the tufts of feathers on top of Donald's head. Use curved lines as well as lines that meet at a sharp point.
Easy Donald Duck Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase portions of the original "C" shaped line from behind the feathers.
Easy Donald Duck Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose an irregular rounded shape at the top of the head using a curved line. This is the base of Donald's hat.
Easy Donald Duck Drawing - Step 5
5. Use two overlapping curved lines to enclose the top of Donald's hat.
Easy Donald Duck Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend a pair of curved lines from the back of Donald's hat. Connect them using a "V" shaped line, forming a ribbon.
Easy Donald Duck Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to enclose Donald's beak. Notice the rounded "W" shape of the beak where it attaches to the face. Note, too, the way the lines overlap at the tip.
Add More Details to Your Donald Duck Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line within the bottom portion of the beak, parallel to the exterior line. This outlines the inside of Donald's mouth. Draw two lines that meet at a point, forming the small tongue.
Complete the Outline of Your Donald Duck Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose two large oval shapes just above the beak. Draw a smaller oval inside each, and shade it to indicate the pupil.
Color Your Donald Duck Drawing
Color Donald Duck. His feathers are white and he typically wears a blue hat.
Check out our cartoon characters drawing guides, where you'll find plenty of other Disney favorites, including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, and more.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Donald Duck Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).