Learn how to draw a great looking Hello Kitty with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Hello Kitty.
Hello Kitty is considered the epitome of Japanese cuteness. You can learn how to draw this classic character with the help of this easy, step-by-step Hello Kitty drawing guide.
Hello Kitty is drawn using simple lines. She wears a bow in her hair and clothes on her body. She also has a twin sister named Mimi, so don't stop after drawing just one!
Hello Kitty and her friends represent the kawaii art style, which emphasizes childlike cuteness - they have large heads and small bodies.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You can learn how to draw other fun kawaii characters. Check out this kawaii cat drawing which, unlike Hello Kitty, is sans clothing. Can you see the similarities in their shapes?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Hello Kitty
How to Draw a Great Looking Hello Kitty for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Hello Kitty outline by drawing the eyes. Shade two small ovals. Then draw another small oval between them. This is the kitten’s nose.
Easy Hello Kitty Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a long curved line, outlining the character’s face.
Easy Hello Kitty Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the bow. First, draw a circle for the center of the bow, Then, use curved lines to enclose the rounded shapes of the lobes of the bow. Next, draw smaller round shapes inside the larger ones.
Easy Hello Kitty Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to draw Kitty’s triangle-shaped ears and the top of her head.
Easy Hello Kitty Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw three curved lines emerging from each cheek. These are the cat’s whiskers.
Easy Hello Kitty Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a curved line under the head, enclosing the half-circle-shaped neck of the blouse. Extend another curved line below the head, outlining the side of the torso and one leg.
Easy Hello Kitty Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a second curved line below the head, a mirror image of the first. It should complete the outline of the body and leg.
Then, draw a curved horizontal line across the top of the legs, separating them from the body.
Add More Details to Your Hello Kitty Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to enclose the arms. Notice that one arm has an extra bulge indicating the “thumbs up gesture. Band the bottom of each arm with a curved line, separating the sleeve from the hand.
Complete the Outline of Your Hello Kitty Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw two small circular buttons on Hello Kitty’s blouse.
Color Your Hello Kitty Drawing
Your Hello Kitty outline is now complete. Color your character. She has white fur and usually wears a pink bow. Color her outfit and bow to match.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Hello Kitty Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).