Learn how to draw a great looking Miraculous Ladybug with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Miraculous Ladybug drawing.
"In the daytime, I'm Marinette, just a normal girl with a normal life. But there's something about me that no one knows yet, 'cause I have a secret."
- Marinette, Miraculous theme song
Marinette Dupain-Cheng is an average girl. Her French and Chinese parents own a bakery.
She dreams of becoming a fashion designer. She is average, that is, until she passes a test and is given a pair of earrings known as the Ladybug Miraculous.
When worn, the earrings transform Marinette into her superhero alias, Ladybug. She is "a [glamourous] superhero with a real European flair," something of a feminine reworking of Spider-Man.
She has a creation superpower known as Lucky Charm. She is assisted by a small creature named Tikki who looks like a ladybug.
She works alongside Cat Noir, who, unknown to Marinette, is her crush from school. Together, they protect Paris from Hawk Moth, who has the ability to turn people into supervillains.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Ladybug was inspired by a young woman who worked with the character's creator. She wore a ladybug t-shirt to work, and he based the character on this and her hairstyle.
The Ladybug has been featured in different media, including an animated series, comic books, and a mobile video game. Clothing, accessories, and action figures are also available.
She also appears on flyers advertising French museums, inviting children to visit.
Would you like to draw the Ladybug from Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir? This easy, step-by-step character drawing guide is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also want to color your finished drawing.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Miraculous Ladybug
Miraculous Ladybug Drawing - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the Ladybug's face. Use a long, curved line, and note the gentle point of the chin.
Miraculous Ladybug Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch the Ladybug's hair. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to outline the top of the hair. Then, use pairs of curved lines that meet at sharp points to draw the bangs at the top of the face.
Miraculous Ladybug Drawing - Step 3
3. Use pairs of curved lines that meet at points to draw strands of hair hanging in front of the ears at the sides of the face.
Miraculous Ladybug Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the ear using curved lines. Then, extend narrowly spaced pairs of lines outward from the face. Allow these to meet at sharp points. These are the ends of the ribbons that tie on the mask.
Miraculous Ladybug Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend a pair of curved lines downward from the face to form the neck. Connect them at the bottom using a curved line.
Miraculous Ladybug Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend pairs of curved lines outward from the neck to form the shoulders. Outline the torso with additional curved lines. Then, draw round spots all across the shoulders and chest.
Miraculous Ladybug Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a ponytail hanging down on each side of the neck. Outline each ponytail using a pair of curved lines that meet at a point. Then, texture the hair with curved lines.
Miraculous Ladybug Drawing - Step 8
8. Texture the hair on top of the head using curved lines. Then, use a long curved line to outline the Ladybug's mask. Use curved lines to outline the eyes, slightly pointed at the corners. Use short lines to indicate the eyelashes. Then, enclose three progressively smaller circles. Shade between the two smallest, indicating the pupil.
Miraculous Ladybug Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw circles and partial circles within the mask.
Complete Miraculous Ladybug Drawing
Color the Ladybug. She has bluish-black hair and wears a red costume with black spots.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).