Learn how to draw a great looking Peter Griffin from Family Guy with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Peter Griffin from Family Guy.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Peter Griffin is the star of the adult animated sitcom, Family Guy. He has a wife named Lois, a dog named Brian, and three children - Meg, Chris, and Stewie.
Peter is a blue-collar worker in the fictional town of Quahog, Rhode Island. He frequents a local tavern called the Drunken Clam. He has a low I.Q., a short attention span, and is often shown to be naive in nature. He is also impulsive, and his behavior leads to awkward situations.
Did you know? Series creator Seth MacFarlane voices both Peter and his youngest son, Stewie. Peter has made appearances on other shows, including The Simpsons, South Park, American Dad!, and The Cleveland Show.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw Peter Griffin from Family Guy? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a sheet of paper and a pencil, pen, marker, or crayon.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Stewie Griffin from Family Guy, Luke Skywalker, and Peppa Pig.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Peter Griffin from Family Guy
How to Draw a Great Looking Peter Griffin from Family Guy for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line to indicate the back and top of Peter's head, his overhanging hair, and his cheek.
Easy Peter Griffin from Family Guy Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a small "C" shaped line within the outline of the head to form the ear. Detail it with a short line inside it. Then, use a curved line to form the hairline. Next, draw a curved "V" shaped line at the bottom of the head to form the neck. Enclose a triangular shape under each side of the "V" to form the collar of the shirt.
Easy Peter Griffin from Family Guy Drawing - Step 3
3. Begin to detail the face. Draw two large circles to form the rims of the glasses. Connect them to each other and to the ear using short, straight lines. Shade a small circle within each rim to indicate the pupil of the eye, and draw straight lines across the tops of the rims to form the eyelids. Use a "C" shaped line to form the nose.
Easy Peter Griffin from Family Guy Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of curved lines to sketch the arm. At the elbow, enclose a curved shape to indicate the rolled sleeve. Extend the arm further using curved lines, and enclose the hand using overlapping "U" shaped lines.
Easy Peter Griffin from Family Guy Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of long and short overlapping lines to draw the torso. Draw a long, curved line downward from the collar of the shirt, and connect it to the arm using shorter curved lines. Draw a similarly long line at the side of the body, and connect it to the central line using short, overlapping lines.
Easy Peter Griffin from Family Guy Drawing - Step 6
6. Outline the remaining sleeve using a curved line, and enclose a curved shape at the bottom of it to indicate its rolled end. Outline the lower arm and hand using curved lines.
Easy Peter Griffin from Family Guy Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to detail the face. Use a series of curved lines to outline the open mouth, tongue, lower lip, and chin.
Add More Details to Your Peter Griffin from Family Guy Picture - Step 8
8. Draw small circles along the central line of the shirt, indicating buttons. Draw several small lines across the central line, distinguishing the top of the potbelly. Draw an oval at the bottom of the shirt, and enclose several rectangles on each side of it, forming the belt.
Complete the Outline of Your Peter Griffin from Family Guy Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to outline the legs and feet. Distinguish the shoes from the pants by drawing a curved line.
Color Your Peter Griffin from Family Guy Drawing
Color Peter. He typically wears a white shirt and green pants.
Learn to draw your other favorite cartoon characters!
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Easy Things to draw Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Peter Griffin from Family Guy Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).