Learn how to draw a great looking Pichu with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Pichu.
Pichu is a tiny, electric-type baby mouse Pokémon. Pichu was part of Generation II, first introduced in the Gold, Silver, and Crystal Pokémon games of 1999.
Pichu evolves, or grows, into Pikachu, which in turn evolves into Raichu if given a Thunder Stone.
Pichu can use its electricity to shock others, even humans, but it is not skilled at doing so. It may accidentally discharge or even shock itself if it tries to store too much energy, or if it laughs or is frightened.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Well-known Pichu characters include the Pichu Brothers, who appear numerous times in the cartoons. Another is the Spiky-eared Pichu, a female Pichu with three tips on one ear. She has been known to come to the assistance of Pikachu and Ash.
Ben’s Ukulele Pichu carries a ukulele - a musical instrument similar to a guitar - on its back. Did you know? Pichu’s name is derived from Japanese words meaning “sparkly” and “squeak.”
As a Generation II Pokémon, Pichu is absent from the earliest video games, trading cards, and cartoons. The Pokémon franchise began in 1996, with the release of the first video game for the Game Boy system. It didn’t take long for “pokémania” to sweep the globe.
Would you like to draw an adorable little Pichu? As a Pokémon trainer, you can consider this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial to be part of your training. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Pichu, I choose you!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Pichu
How to Draw a Great Looking Pichu for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will form Pichu’s head.
Easy Pichu Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line beneath the head. The line should nearly enclose a rounded shape, leaving a gap on one side. This forms Pichu’s body.
Easy Pichu Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a “U” shaped line to draw an arm on each side of the body, erasing guide lines as necessary. Detail the hand using a smaller “U” shaped line within each.
Easy Pichu Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose the oval shaped foot. Draw short lines at the tip of the foot to indicate the toes.
Easy Pichu Drawing - Step 5
5. Enclose the remaining oval shaped foot. Draw short lines on the tip to indicate the toes.
Easy Pichu Drawing - Step 6
6. Use four slightly curved lines to enclose a diamond shape extending from the head, erasing guide lines as necessary. Notice that the shape is not fully enclosed. This forms Pichu’s ear. Then, detail the ear using an “M” shaped pattern.
Easy Pichu Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Pichu’s other ear, again using four slightly curved lines to enclose a rough diamond shape. Detail the ear with another stylized letter “M.”
Add More Details to Your Pichu Picture - Step 8
8. Detail Pichu’s neck. Draw a ruff of jagged points using several lines of different lengths. Then, draw the tail. Use three lines to enclose an open rectangle shape, then use a fourth line to connect it to the body.
Complete the Outline of Your Pichu Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail Pichu’s face. Draw a circle on each cheek. Draw an oval to indicate each eye, with a smaller circle within it. Form the mouth using a “V” shaped line with a rounded point; connect the “V” at the top using a straight line. Draw a curve within the mouth to indicate the tongue, and a short line above it to indicate the nose.
Color Your Pichu Drawing
Color you Pichu. He is typically bright yellow in color, with red cheeks and black accents.
For more great Pokemon drawing tutorials, see the 18 Easy and Fun Pokemon Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pichu Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).