Learn how to draw a great looking Pistachios with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Pistachios drawing.
“The pistachio: it's just like our politics. When the two sides are divided, that's when the nuts come out.”
― Stephen Colbert, American comedian
Like many nuts, pistachio "meats," as the nuts are called, have a hard, protective shell. You won't need a nutcracker to open your pistachios, however.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of delicious pistachio nuts? We've cooked up this step-by-step cartoon food drawing tutorial to show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and perhaps something to color with.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Pistachios
How to Draw a Great Looking Pistachios for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a long curved line and doubling it back upon itself to enclose a teardrop shape. Notice how the gently pointed tip is upturned. This forms the top of the pistachio shell.
Easy Pistachios Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two long curved lines extending from the back of the shell. The lines should be roughly parallel to one another but gently converging. The lines should not meet. This outlines the bottom half of the pistachio shell.
Easy Pistachios Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long curved line between the top and bottom of the shell, completing the enclosure of the bottom half. This outlines the pistachio nut within the protective shell. Then, draw a wavy line between the halves of the shell. This gives the nut the texture of its papery covering.
Easy Pistachios Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a long curved line down the middle of the nut. Then, begin drawing a second pistachio. Use a long curved line to enclose the gently pointed shape.
Easy Pistachios Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a long curved line extending from the top of the first nut to begin outlining the upper shell of the second nut. Draw a long curved line between them to outline the pistachio nut inside.
Easy Pistachios Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw overlapping curved lines to complete the top of the pistachio shell. Contour the edge of the shell with curved lines.
Easy Pistachios Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw wavy, curved lines across the nut, giving it a papery texture.
Add More Details to Your Pistachios Picture - Step 8
8. Begin drawing a third pistachio nut - one that has been removed from its shell. Use a long curved line to outline the irregular shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Pistachios Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the shelled nut and the outer shells of the other pistachios with curved lines.
Color Your Pistachios Drawing
Color your trio of cartoon pistachio nuts. The shells are light tan in color, while the nuts themselves are light green. Some pistachio nuts have a brown papery covering.
For more great Food drawing tutorials, see the 51 Cute Food Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pistachios Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).