Learn how to draw a great looking Shadow the Hedgehog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Shadow the Hedgehog.
"If the world chooses to become my enemy... I will fight like I always have!"
- Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Shadow the Hedgehog was first introduced to the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise in 2001. Shadow is an antihero, a darker counterpart to Sonic the Hedgehog. Shadow's mission is to protect the world, a promise he made to his best friend Maria before she died of murder.
Because he is willing to do anything to achieve his goals, he is often at odds with the protagonist Sonic the Hedgehog.
Shadow the Hedgehog has appeared in numerous video games - including one of his own - television series, comic books, and merchandise.
Did you know? Shadow was intended for only a one-game appearance. He was so popular, though, that his creators included him in subsequent media. Guinness World Records named him one of the greatest video game characters.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw Shadow the Hedgehog? This easy, step-by-step video game character drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Shadow the Hedgehog
How to Draw a Great Looking Shadow the Hedgehog for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Shadow's face. Use curved lines to form the ears, and connect them using a curved line. Detail the inside of the near ear by drawing a triangle within it. Then, sketch the irregular teardrop shapes of the eyes. Detail the brows by drawing curved lines parallel to the eyes. Enclose another teardrop shape to form the nose.
Easy Shadow the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend a curved line from beneath the eye, outlining the cheek. Draw another beneath the nose. Under the head, sketch an inverted triangular shape using a series of short, curved lines that meet at jagged points. This forms the tuft of fur on Shadow's check. Use curved lines that meet at a sharp point to draw the first of Shadow's quills.
Easy Shadow the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a pair of curved lines to form the shoulder and arm. Extend another pair to form the sides of the torso and legs. Complete the legs using an inverted "U" shaped line.
Easy Shadow the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch shadow's running shoe. Use curved lines to enclose its three main sections: The tongue of the shoe, the shoe body, and a band between them. Then, use curved lines detail the layers of the shoe and add sections on each side, just below the band.
Easy Shadow the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch Shadow's remaining shoe. Use curved lines to enclose the tongue, band, shoe body, and sole. Then, detail the shoe with additional curved lines.
Easy Shadow the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Shadow's arm and hand. Use curved lines to enclose the arm, wristband, cuff of the glove, and fingers.
Easy Shadow the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Shadow's remaining hand. Enclose irregular rounded shapes to indicate each of the fingers. Use curved lines to sketch the palm and back of the hand.
Add More Details to Your Shadow the Hedgehog Picture - Step 8
8. Draw quills extending from Shadow's head and back. Use long, curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Complete the Outline of Your Shadow the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail Shadow's face and head. In each eye, draw a series of three successively smaller ovals to indicate the iris and pupil. Use curved lines to sketch the downturned mouth. Draw a pair of curved lines across the top of the head and across the largest quills.
Color Your Shadow the Hedgehog Drawing
Color Shadow. He is typically black with red, orange, white, and yellow markings.
Game on! You can learn to draw all of your favorite video game characters. Check out our character drawing guides for more.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Shadow the Hedgehog Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).