Learn how to draw a great looking Genji from Overwatch with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Genji from Overwatch.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Before it was a video game, Overwatch was a military tactic. It involves a small unit supporting another by taking the high ground. From there, this group can watch out for enemy movements, survey the terrain, and provide cover fire.
Today, Overwatch is a team-based first-person shooter game. It follows the story of the Overwatch Organization, tasked with uniting the world's best military forces against the deadly Omnics robots. Genji Shimada is one of the game's playable characters. Genji was named for one of Japan's historical eras and hails from a ninja clan.
Genji is, in fact, a cyborg ninja. Because of his arrogance, the clan's elders ordered Genji's brother Hanzo to end his life. Left for dead, he was rebuilt with mechanical components by Mercy, a doctor from the Overwatch organization. His mission is now to dismantle his family's criminal empire.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of Genji from Overwatch? This easy, step-by-step video game character drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pen or pencil and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Link Zelda, Marshmello from Fortnite, and Super Mario.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Genji from Overwatch
How to Draw a Great Looking Genji from Overwatch for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the face. Use short, straight lines to draw a ten-sided shape - a decagon. The shape should have a central triangular peak, with smaller peaks on each side. Then, use straight lines to draw a small trapezoid on each side.
Easy Genji from Overwatch Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue sketching the face. Use two parallel sets of seven straight lines to enclose the eye and nose-like shape. Then, use four lines to enclose a pentagon-like shape below this. Use a series of eight straight lines to outline the lower face. Notice the similarity to ears, cheeks, and chin. Enclose a small trapezoid on each “cheek.” Draw a curved line across the top of the head, and enclose a narrow rectangle on each side of it.
Easy Genji from Overwatch Drawing - Step 3
3. Begin to sketch the torso. Draw two curved lines, doubled back upon themselves, below the head. Enclose the shoulder armor using curved lines. Use straight and curved lines to enclose the irregular shapes of the chest plate.
Easy Genji from Overwatch Drawing - Step 4
4. Expand the shoulders using curved lines. Then, draw a line across the bottom of each, and enclose an oval within an oval on the sides.
Easy Genji from Overwatch Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to enclose the armor at the tops of the arms. Use curved and straight lines to enclose smaller shapes within the first.
Easy Genji from Overwatch Drawing - Step 6
6. Outline the lower arms using pairs of curved lines. Band each with a sweeping “U” shaped line.
Easy Genji from Overwatch Drawing - Step 7
7. Use straight lines to enclose the bottom of the chest plate. Then, use pairs of curved lines to draw the riblike armor.
Add More Details to Your Genji from Overwatch Picture - Step 8
8. Extend pairs of curved lines to create another layer of riblike armor. Then, draw straight lines like the tops of elongated pentagons.
Complete the Outline of Your Genji from Overwatch Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to draw partial circles on the torso, open on two sides. From each opening, extend two straight lines, and connect them at the end.
Color Your Genji from Overwatch Drawing
Color your cartoon of Genji. His armor is adorned in silver, cream, brown, and green.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Genji from Overwatch Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).