Learn how to draw a great looking Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog.
You can learn how to draw Miles "Tails" Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog with the help of this video game character drawing tutorial!
After meeting Sonic, Tails began following him on his adventures. He is a good pilot and mechanic, and he can even fly by rotating his tails like a helicopter. He is kind and also a bit shy.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Tails was designed for the sequel to the original Sonic video game in the 1990s.
In fact, he was the winner of a design contest to develop a sidekick for Sonic and was named "Best New Character" by Electronic Gaming Monthly in 1992.
His legal name, Miles Prower, is a play on the words "miles per hour." Since his debut, Tails has appeared in numerous video games, comics, television cartoons, and films.
Did you know? According to Japanese folklore, kitsune were very intelligent foxes with the ability to shapeshift and become human.
They were considered spirits and could have up to nine tails; more tails grew after the kitsune reached 100 years of age. Tails is likely based upon these myths.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog
How to Draw a Great Looking Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Tails' face. Use a small oval for the nose, and extend curved lines above and below it to form the snout.
Use two large "U" shaped lines to outline the eyes. Inside each eye, draw two successively smaller ovals, and shade the inner oval.
Easy Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 2
2. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the mouth - the upper and lower portions, as well as the tongue and the dimple at the corner.
Then, use curved lines that meet at points to draw the spikey fur at Tails' cheek and on his forehead. Sketch the shape of the head using curved lines.
Easy Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines that meet at points to draw the tuft of fur on the opposite cheek. Then, sketch the triangular ears. Draw another, smaller triangle inside each ear, and cross it with a curved line.
Easy Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines that meet at points and a large "U" shaped line to draw the pineapple-shaped fur of the belly.
Connect the chest to the head using short lines, forming the neck. Then outline the torso, arm, and cuff using overlapping curved lines.
Easy Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Tails' hand. Use overlapping curved lines to craft each finger. Then use a pair of lines to begin sketching the remaining arm.
Easy Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining hand and cuff, again using overlapping curved lines. From the torso, extend parallel lines to form the leg.
Connect those lines with a large "C" shaped line. Then, draw the top of the sock using overlapping curved lines.
Easy Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend two more lines from the torso to form the remaining leg. Connect the lines with a curved line, and use additional curved lines to enclose the top of the sock.
Use long curved lines to sketch the partial oval-shaped shoes.
Add More Details to Your Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog Picture - Step 8
8. Next, you'll draw what Tails is famous for. Use curved lines of different lengths to sketch the tail. Allow some of the lines to meet at sharp points.
Complete the Outline of Your Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a second tail below the first, again using curved lines that meet at sharp points. Draw a zig-zag line across each tail.
Color Your Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog Drawing
Color your cartoon of Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog. He is yellowish-brown with white spots and red and white running shoes.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Miles Tails Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).