Learn how to draw a great looking Superman with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Superman.
Would you like to draw the first and most famous of all superheroes? You can learn how to draw Superman with the help of this easy, step-by-step superhero drawing guide.
Superman may look difficult to draw, but he is really not. When you follow the steps, you will see how complex parts are broken down into simple curved lines. Soon, you will be able to complete small sketches in a single bound!
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Your Superman picture won't just be a drawing of a guy in a cape - you will learn to sketch the Man of Steel in time-honored comic book style.
Superman is part of the Justice League, a group of crime-fighting superheroes who take on the biggest baddies in the universe. Learn how to draw the Justice League logo.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Superman
How to Draw a Great Looking Superman for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Superman outline by sketching Supe's head and face. Use curved lines to trace the eyes, nose, mouth, cheeks, chin, ears, hair, and bulging neck muscles. Don't forget the classic "Superman curl" on his forehead.
Easy Superman Drawing - Step 2
2. Outline the neck and shoulders of his suit, as well as his pectoral muscles, with curved lines. Next, draw the Superman logo. Outline a double inverted triangle with two blunt points. Inside it, draw the "S" shaped emblem of the House of El.
Easy Superman Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch Superman's muscular arm. Use curved lines for the sides of the arm, the hand, and the fingers, as well as the end of the sleeve and the contours of the muscles.
Easy Superman Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a curved line for the torso and then sketch Superman's remaining arm, nearly a mirror image of the first.
Easy Superman Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to complete the torso and to draw the briefs, rectangular sections of the belt, and oval-shaped belt buckle. Contour the ab muscles with curved lines. You can learn more about how to draw abs here.
Easy Superman Drawing - Step 6
6. Use long, curved lines to draw Superman's leg. Notice how the lines overlap where the calf muscle meets the knee and the lower leg. Use curved and "V" shaped lines to trace the top of the boot, and short curved lines to contour the muscles.
Easy Superman Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Superman's remaining leg, boot, and muscles using curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Superman Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Superman's cap, erasing at the shoulders as necessary. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the fabric as it goes over the shoulders to meet the top of the Superman logo. Then, extend long curved lines that meet at a point to draw the top of the extended cape.
Complete the Outline of Your Superman Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the cape using a wavy line, and contour the fabric with additional curved lines.
Color Your Superman Drawing
Your cartoon Superman outline is now complete. Color his suit. His torso, arms, and legs are blue. The cape, briefs, and boots are red. His logo is red and yellow, and his belt is yellow, too.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Superman Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).