Learn how to draw a great looking Thanos from the Avengers with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Thanos from the Avengers.
“You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me.”
Thanos, Marvel Comics villain and antagonist in films such as Guardians of the Galaxy, Infinity War, and End Game, is from the planet Titan.
After watching the extinction of the Titans, Thanos believed that the massive population of the universe would eventually use up all resources and die out. To avoid this eventuality, he decided to destroy half of this population on the assumption that the other half would thrive.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
To achieve his goal, Thanos set out to gain the six Infinity Stones, “six elemental crystals” that “each control an essential aspect of existence.” Thanos had them set into a gauntlet. With a snap of his fingers, his aim was accomplished.
Would you like to draw the evil Titan Thanos? This easy, step-by-step supervillain drawing guide will show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Thanos from the Avengers
How to Draw a Great Looking Thanos from the Avengers for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Thanos’ head. First, draw an irregular rounded shaped. Then, draw a wavy line across the middle of the shade. From each end of the wavy line, draw additional wavy lines, downward. This forms the basic outline of Thanos’ helmet.
Easy Thanos from the Avengers Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw Thanos’ shoulders. Extend short lines beneath the head and connect them using a curved line. Draw another, longer curved line roughly parallel to the first. Connect these using curved lines, noting the lumps or ridges that they form near the corners of the figure. Draw curved lines from the two lower corners, giving the armor texture and dimension.
Easy Thanos from the Avengers Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a pair of lines downward from the armor. Enclose them at the bottom by drawing a bone-like shape. From each side of this shape, extend straight lines. Draw a short, straight line downward from the end of each, and from the ends of the bone shape. Connect them using curved lines.
Easy Thanos from the Avengers Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Thanos’ hand and gauntlet, erasing as necessary. Use a long, curved line to outline the shape of the arm. Allow it to double back and overlap itself, indicating the bend elbow. Band the upper arm with short lines to indicate bulging muscles, and the lower arm to outline the gauntlet. Draw circles above each finger and on the back of the hand. These are the infinity stones.
Easy Thanos from the Avengers Drawing - Step 5
5. Detail Thanos’ torso. Use overlapping curved lines to indicate bulging muscles. Begin to outline the arm using “C” shaped lines
Easy Thanos from the Avengers Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the lower arm and its gauntlet. Use a curved line to outline the shape of the hand and arm. Use additional lines to indicate the cuff of the gauntlet, its armor, fingers of the hand, and details of the gauntlet.
Easy Thanos from the Avengers Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Thanos’ leg. Use a long, curved line, doubled back upon itself, to form the leg. Use a series of straight lines to form the stair-shaped armor at the top of the leg. Then, use straight and curved lines to detail the leg. Note especially the details of the knee and foot.
Add More Details to Your Thanos from the Avengers Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Thanos’ remaining leg. Again., use a long, curved line that doubles back upon itself to outline the appendage. Then, detail it using straight and curved lines. Continue detailing the chest plate, drawing a small inverted triangle at its center and circular curved lines beneath it.
Complete the Outline of Your Thanos from the Avengers Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail Thanos’ face and head. Enclose rounded shapes within the helmet. Use curved lines to establish the eyes, nose, and mouth.
Color Your Thanos from the Avengers Drawing
Color Thanos. Then, check out our character drawing guides, where you’ll find more of your favorite superheroes and villains.
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Easy Things to draw Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Thanos from the Avengers Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).