Learn how to draw a great looking Spider-Man with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Spider-Man.
Look out! Here comes Spider-Man! You can learn to draw your favorite web-slinging superhero with the help of this easy, step-by-step Spider-Man drawing guide.
Making a detailed picture of Spider-Man may seem daunting, but it isn't beyond your ability. Below, you will see the complex figure broken down into easy-to-draw curved lines.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Much of the detail of Spider-Man's appearance lies in the web pattern and spider logo on his suit. You can use this spider web with a spider drawing guide to get some practice.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Spider-Man
How to Draw a Great Looking Spider-Man for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Spider-Man outline by drawing Spider-Man's face. Use curved lines to trace his head, neck, and shoulders. Then, use thick lines to enclose his teardrop-shaped eye spots.
Easy Spider-Man Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to draw Spider-Man's shoulders and torso, and to contour the collar bones and pectoral muscles.
Easy Spider-Man Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Peter's arm. use curved lines for the sides of the arm, and overlapping curved lines for the fingers and hand. Contour the bend of the elbow with a short line.
Easy Spider-Man Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Peter's remaining arm. This time, it is bent at the elbow and the hand is drawn up in a fist. Again, use overlapping curved lines to sketch this appendage.
Easy Spider-Man Drawing - Step 5
5. Use long, curved lines to sketch Spider-Man's muscular leg. Notice how the lines overlap where the knee and calf muscle meet. Contour the knee and top of the leg with short curved lines.
Easy Spider-Man Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining leg. Again, use long curved lines and note the overlap at the knee. Contour the knee with short curved lines.
Easy Spider-Man Drawing - Step 7
7. Detail the designs on Spider-Man's suit. Use curved lines to enclose rectangular blocks on the torso and arms. Draw a "V" shaped line at the bottom of the torso, just above the legs, and band the lower legs with curved lines to form the tops of the boots.
Complete the boots by using curved lines to enclose the irregular shape of the feet.
Add More Details to Your Spider-Man Picture - Step 8
8. Next, draw the Spider-Man logo. Shade a circle for the spider's head and a teardrop shape for its abdomen. Extend eight curved lines from between the shapes to form the legs. Then, use overlapping curved lines to form a grid pattern on Spider-Man's face and torso.
This is his suit's classic spider web pattern.
Complete the Outline of Your Spider-Man Drawing - Step 9
9. Continue the spider web pattern across his shoulders, arms, hands, and boots.
Color Your Spider-Man Drawing
Your cartoon Spider-Man outline is now complete. Color your drawing. The spider on his chest is black. The webbed portions of the suit are red, and the remaining sections are blue.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Spider-Man Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).