Learn how to draw a great looking Demogorgon with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Demogorgon.
The Demogorgon is a scary creature from the Netflix show Stranger Things. The creatures come from the Upside Down, an otherworldly place where monsters are born. Eleven and her friends in Hawkins, Indiana fought off the Demogorgon to save their friend, Will Byers.
Did you know? The gang from Stranger Things named the monsters "Demogorgons" after a type of monster from the Dungeons and Dragons role-playing game.
In this tutorial, I will show you the step-by-step process for drawing a cartoon Demogorgon. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
If you would like to add some color to your monster, you can pick up some colored pencils or paints. Use them after you finish creating the outline. You can also add extra horns, claws, or markings to your cartoon Demogorgon. Feel free to make it look like your unique creation!
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Demogorgons can be quite hard to draw. But with the right shapes and some patience, you can use this guide to create a Demogorgon of your very own.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Demogorgon from Stranger Things
How to Draw a Great Looking Demogorgon for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw a circle towards the top of the page, and place another circle inside of it. This is where the mouth of your Demogorgon will be.
Easy Demogorgon Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw five round, petal-like shapes. These are the guidelines for the mouths of your Demogorgon.
Easy Demogorgon Drawing - Step 3
3. Fill your Demogorgon's mouths with lots of sharp teeth! Make sure you cover the petal shapes as well as the inner circles.
Easy Demogorgon Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch some guidelines for your cartoon Demogorgon's body and arms. You will erase these later, so make sure you draw them very lightly! Start with a triangle, a circle, and two lines for the arms.
Easy Demogorgon Drawing - Step 5
5. Now, using your circle as a guide, you can define the chest area of the Demogorgon. The Demogorgon is very bony. He is skinny in the middle, and wide in the chest and the hips.
Easy Demogorgon Drawing - Step 6
6. Add some final details to the chest. Then start working on the Demogorgon's arms. Make them thin but powerful, and give the Demogorgon a sharp point at the elbows.
Easy Demogorgon Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase your guidelines once you have drawn the arms. Then give your Demogorgon some frightening curved claws. Draw the hands large in proportion to the arms, and add curved claws at the end.
Add More Details to Your Demogorgon Picture - Step 8
8. Add two legs to your Demogorgon. They should be long and bend over at the knee. And four large claws at the end of the Demogorgon's feet.
Complete the Outline of Your Demogorgon Drawing - Step 9
9. Finish defining muscles in the Demogorgon's legs. Then add lots of slime and saliva to the mouth area!
Color Your Demogorgon Drawing
Now your Demogorgon outline is complete. From here you can add as many colors or scary elements as you like. Get creative with the supplies you use, and have fun!
I hope this tutorial helped you create a creature from the Upside Down to share or display. The Demogorgon is the perfect drawing for the Halloween season or any time of year that you want to draw monsters. Scare and impress your friends with your new Demogorgon drawing.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Demogorgon Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).