Learn how to draw a great looking Joker's Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Joker's Face.
Holy moly, Batman! The Joker's on the loose again. Learn how to draw Joker’s face and put it on a "Wanted" poster.
The Joker is the arch-nemesis of Batman. He appears clown-like, with a white face, bright lips, and unusually colored hair. But like a scary clown, he has a sick sense of humor.
The Joker wasn't always a supervillain. He was a criminal, sure, a small-time crook in Gotham City. But he was driven to madness after falling into a vat of toxic chemicals.
Later, his psychiatrist falls in love with him and becomes a supervillain in her own right - the iconic Harley Quin.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? The Joker has been around since 1940. He's been portrayed by many voice and screen actors, including Mark Hamill (a.k.a. Luke Skywalker).
This cartoon drawing guide will teach you how to draw the Joker in portrait style. You can also draw the Joker in 3/4 perspective.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Joker's Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Joker's Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Joker’s face outline by drawing his anime-style eyes. Use curved lines to sketch the furrowed brows, sharply pointed on the outer edges.
Then, use a curved line to enclose the half-circle eye beneath each brow.
Easy Joker's Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Shade a half circle inside each eye to indicate the pupils. Then, draw the Joker's nose. Use a curved line for each side of the nose and each nostril.
Easy Joker's Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a "V" shaped line with curled ends to create the tip of the Joker's nose. Then, draw his large, sneering mouth. Enclose the mouth using curved lines, and draw a short line at each corner.
Easy Joker's Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw curved lines roughly parallel to the top and bottom of the mouth, indicating the lips. Then, draw another horizontal line through the mouth, along with many vertical lines. These indicate the Joker's teeth.
Easy Joker's Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Outline the Joker's face. Use "C" shaped lines for the ears, and a long curved line for the cheeks, jaw, and sharp chin. Draw an upside-down "U" below the mouth to further define the chin.
Easy Joker's Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Detail inside each ear using curved lines. Then, draw a large "C" shaped line above the face. This will become the upturned "swoosh" of the joker's hairstyle.
Easy Joker's Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue drawing the hair. Use curved and straight lines to outline the hairline on the forehead and sideburns. Draw a shorter line to meet the point of the swoosh.
Add More Details to Your Joker's Face Picture - Step 8
8. Finish enclosing the Joker's hair. Use curved lines of different lengths that meet at sharp points.
Complete the Outline of Your Joker's Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your Joker’s face outline by contouring the Joker's wicked face. Use curved and "V" shaped lines to indicate furrows on the forehead, between the eyebrows, and above them.
Color Your Joker's Face Drawing
Color your cartoon of the Joker’s face. He has a pale face, yellow eyes and teeth, green hair, and red lips.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Joker's Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).