Learn how to draw a great looking Pyramids of Giza with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Pyramids of Giza.
The Pyramids of Giza are some of the most ancient and iconic structures in the world. Travel back in time with the help of this Pyramids of Giza drawing guide.
These pyramids were built over 4,000 years ago. They are located in Egypt, on the north edge of the African continent.
The pyramids are named Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure, corresponding to the kings who had them built. The largest also has the nickname the Great Pyramid. It is "the most colossal single building ever erected on the planet." The Great Sphinx is located nearby.
As funeral structures, the pyramids originally contained the mummies of kings encased in their sarcophaguses. But all the items inside the pyramids were looted and stolen in ancient and medieval times.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In ancient times, they were considered one of the Seven Wonders of the World. They are the only one of the Seven Wonders still in existence.
Today, they still feature in popular culture, from historical tours to cartoons.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Pyramids of Giza
How to Draw a Great Looking Pyramids of Giza for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Pyramids of Giza outline by drawing a series of curved lines. These lines must overlap one another, forming the steplike structure of a small pyramid looted of its outer casing.
Easy Pyramids of Giza Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a small rounded rectangle for the top section of the pyramid. Draw lines at the corners and parallel to the tops of the sections to give the structure a three-dimensional appearance. Begin drawing a second cartoon pyramid. Again, use overlapping curved lines to form the base.
Easy Pyramids of Giza Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw two more overlapping rectangular sections on top of the second pyramid. Draw straight and "L" shaped lines to give it a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Pyramids of Giza Drawing - Step 4
4. Use wavy lines to enclose another, slightly larger pyramid. Use one line for the ground, two for the sides of the triangle, and another to give it a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Pyramids of Giza Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another, larger pyramid in the background. Use a curved line for the ground, and two straight lines to enclose the triangle shape.
Easy Pyramids of Giza Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a straight line up the side of the pyramid to give it a three-dimensional appearance. Then, texture its surface with horizontal lines. Next, begin building another, larger pyramid. Use a curved line for the base and a straight line for the side.
Easy Pyramids of Giza Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the roughly triangular cap on top of the pyramid, noting the wavy extension of the lower side. Draw a diagonal line across it. Then, enclose the remaining side of the pyramid with a straight line. Draw another straight, diagonal line across it, and texture its surface with wavy lines.
Add More Details to Your Pyramids of Giza Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another pyramid in the background. Enclose the triangle shape with straight and curved lines, and draw a diagonal line across it. Draw a wavy horizon line, and texture the ground with additional curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Pyramids of Giza Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your Pyramids of Giza outline by drawing the sun and clouds in the sky.
Color Your Pyramids of Giza Drawing
Color your cartoon of the Pyramids of Giza. They are a tan or sandy color.
For more great building drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Buildings for Beginners.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pyramids of Giza Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).