Learn how to draw a great looking Pyramid with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Pyramid.
A pyramid is "a monumental structure" with triangular sides. In ancient Egypt, the pyramids were used as burial places for royalty.
The Pyramids of Giza are the largest and most famous of Egypt's pyramids. The ruins are located on a rocky plateau west of the Nile River. They were considered one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The Great Pyramid was built about 481 feet (147 meters) tall and 755 feet (230 meters) wide at its base - "possibly the most colossal single building ever erected on the planet."
Pyramids were not limited to Egypt, however. They have also been discovered in such diverse regions as Sudan, Ethiopia, Greece, Italy, Indian, Thailand, Mexico, and South America. Not all pyramids look like the classic Egyptian variety. Many were step pyramids, a series of platforms rising like steps to form the triangular shape.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon pyramid? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial can show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Pyramid
How to Draw a Great Looking Pyramid for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a large equilateral triangle - a triangle in which all the sides are the same length. This will form the front of the pyramid.
Easy Pyramid Drawing - Step 2
2. Use two straight lines to enclose another triangle alongside the first. This gives the pyramid a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Pyramid Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to enclose a circle partially hidden by the pyramid. This indicates the sun, low on the horizon. Draw curved lines around the sun to signify the intense desert heat.
Easy Pyramid Drawing - Step 4
4. Begin drawing straight lines across the top of the pyramid. This indicates the layers of stone.
Easy Pyramid Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue to draw straight, horizontal lines across the face of the pyramid. Then, draw vertical lines between the horizontal lines, outlining the huge stone blocks. Notice that the vertical lines are offset from one another, row by row.
Easy Pyramid Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw straight, diagonal lines across the side triangle. They should match up with the horizontal lines on the pyramid's face. Draw straight lines between them.
Easy Pyramid Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue drawing straight lines that match and continue the horizontal lines from the pyramid's face. Draw straight lines between them, forming the blocks.
Add More Details to Your Pyramid Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a straight line to form the horizon. Erase the bottom of the sun as it dips below the horizon.
Complete the Outline of Your Pyramid Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a few clouds in the sky, erasing as necessary. Draw a curved line for the base of the cloud, and use connected curved lines to contour the top.
Color Your Pyramid Drawing
Color your cartoon pyramid. When originally completed, the pyramids of Egypt were encased in smooth, white limestone. Today, these casings are gone and the pyramids appear tan or sand-colored.
For more great Building drawing tutorials, see the 21 Cute Building Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pyramid Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).