Learn how to draw a great looking Scream Mask with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Scream Mask drawing.
The shape of the mask was inspired by a famous painting by Edward Munch, known as The Scream or The Cry. The painting was completed in 1893 and represented the painter's own "existential crisis."
This painting has been parodied many times, including on the animated series Spondgebod Squarepants and The Simpsons.
The Scream mask also evokes images of skulls, ghosts (thus the name Ghostface), and the Grim Reaper. The Grim Reaper is a personification of death. This fictional being is often seen as both the cause of death and a guide to the afterlife.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like draw a cartoon of the Ghostface Scream mask? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
How to Draw Ghostface
How to Draw a Great Looking Scream Mask for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will help you to outline the face of the mask.
Easy Scream Mask Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two slightly curved lines across one side of the circle. The lines should be vertical and horizontal, and cross at a perpendicular angle. These will serve as guide lines for sketching the face.
Easy Scream Mask Drawing - Step 3
3. Use overlapping curved lines to outline the brow, eye, and chin of the mask.
Easy Scream Mask Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase a portion of the circular guide line. Enclose the eyes, using the horizontal line as a guide. Use curved lines to draw the irregular curved shapes.
Easy Scream Mask Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the horizontal guide line and another portion of the original circle. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the front of the skull, the remaining brow, the side of the eye, and the cheek. Draw a distorted, upside-down heart to indicate the opening of the nose or sinus cavity.
Easy Scream Mask Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a long curved line to enclose an irregular oval shape, forming the mouth.
Easy Scream Mask Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase the vertical guide line. Use two long curved lines to enclose a teardrop shape around the face, with its point above the eyes and its base passing behind the chin. This is the opening of the Grim Reaper hood.
Add More Details to Your Scream Mask Picture - Step 8
8. Use long, curved lines to outline the remainder of the hood.
Complete the Outline of Your Scream Mask Drawing - Step 9
9. Erase the remaining guide lines of the original circle. Draw curved lines at the base of the hood to indicate folds in the fabric and the shoulders of the figure.
The outline of your Ghostface drawing is now ready.
Color Your Scream Mask Drawing
Color your Ghostface drawing. The mask is typically white, the hood black.
Scream Mask Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).