Learn how to draw a great looking White House with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect White House.
The White House is where the President of the United States lives. Learn how to draw the White House, and learn more about American history.
The White House has seen centuries of history. In fact, British troops nearly burned the White House down during the War of 1812. You can tour parts of the White House if you visit Washington, D.C.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
To draw a cartoon White House, you'll need a ruler to keep the lines and windows perfectly straight. The rows of windows resemble a grid.
Since the outline is made from geometric shapes, this guide helps you break down future drawings into smaller, manageable parts.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the White House
How to Draw a Great Looking White House for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with a triangle, then sketch a smaller triangle inside that shape. Add a thin rectangle with a thicker rectangle underneath.
For each column, draw two circles and connect them with a rectangle, then sketch vertical lines to make a tube.
Easy White House Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the rest of the columns, and sketch a box that surrounds the structures and stops at the top of the columns. Add thinner rectangles on top with different sizes and shapes.
Easy White House Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch rectangles on the left side of the building. Make lines near the roof, then draw more boxes and rectangles on the top.
Easy White House Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw lines inside the windows and surround them with boxes for window frames. Sketch the rest of the windows and the doorway.
Easy White House Drawing - Step 5
5. Repeat the previous step to complete the windows. Add a box around the doorway.
Easy White House Drawing - Step 6
6. Add a vertical line on top of the building, then draw two parallel wavy lines and connect them with a straight line.
Sketch squares inside the doorway before drawing domes and triangles over the windows.
Easy White House Drawing - Step 7
7. For the shrubs, draw wavy, uneven hill shapes to make a shape like a fluffy cloud. Don't worry about making them perfect. The shrubs should overlap the bottom of the White House.
Draw an oval in front of the building with a curve inside this shape. Outline a box inside the United States flag, then draw stars and sketch lines for the stripes.
Add More Details to Your White House Picture - Step 8
8. Add another curve inside the large oval, then use more hill shapes for the water fountain. Sketch a rough, wavy line around the oval.
Complete the Outline of Your White House Drawing - Step 9
9. Use hill shapes to draw clouds in the sky behind your cartoon White House.
Color Your White House Drawing
Outline your White House in black to complete the drawing. Use the same ruler that you used for the pencil sketch to keep the lines even.
Use shades of grey to give your cartoon White House depth. Color the sky, windows and fountain blue, and use green for the grass and shrubs. Use reddish-orange for the flowers around the fountain.
Add grey shadows to the clouds to make them realistic, then color the American flag with red, white and blue.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
White House Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).