Learn how to draw a great looking Vans with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Vans.
Vans are a popular brand of skate shoes. They're adored not only by skaters but by fashion-conscious trendsetters as well.
You can learn how to draw Vans of your very own with the aid of this tennis shoe drawing tutorial.
Vans has been creating "off the wall" footwear since 1966. The shoes were then made-to-order, purchased in the morning and delivered in the afternoon.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Skateboarders in particular appreciated the sticky sole.
Vans have become a pop culture icon. They were famously worn by Sean Penn in the 1982 film Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
The company also sponsors sporting events and music concerts, and the shoes make appearances on the feet of Olympic athletes. The waffle-patterned sole is even immortalized on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Vans
How to Draw a Great Looking Vans for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the toe of the shoe. Use a series of curved lines to outline the sides and bottom of the toe guard and cap.
Easy Vans Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long curved line to outline the bottom and back of the shoe's sole
Easy Vans Drawing - Step 3
3. Connect the front of the toe and the back of the sole using a pair of thick, parallel curved lines.
Easy Vans Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to draw the heel counter and heel collar at the back of the shoe. Notice how an "S" shaped line doubles back on itself to create the top line or opening of the shoe.
Easy Vans Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a curved line to form the top of the toe box and a roughly "J" shaped line for the vamp - the upper front of the shoe where the laces are located.
Easy Vans Drawing - Step 6
6. Contour the shoe's upper with curved lines across the toe box, above the heel, and nearly parallel to the top line.
Easy Vans Drawing - Step 7
7. Embellish the shoe with a pair of wavy curved lines across the side - the famous Vans Sidestripe or jazz stripe.
Then, begin drawing the eyelets that the laces will pass through. Use a "C" shaped line for each eyelet.
Add More Details to Your Vans Picture - Step 8
8. Time to lace up your shoes! For each section of lace, use a pair of curved lines.
The lines should either connect on the ends at a gentle point or intersect another lace. The result will be that the laces appear to criss-cross over one another.
Complete the Outline of Your Vans Drawing - Step 9
9. Continue drawing the laces using pairs of curved lines. The lines should connect on one end and intersect existing laces on the other.
Complete the outline of the tongue between and above the laces using short lines.
Color Your Vans Drawing
Color your cartoon Vans. For years, Vans has encouraged and enabled fans to customize and decorate their own slips-ons, Old Skools, and Sk8-His with bright colors, varied patterns, and famous cartoon characters. Now, you can too!
For more great Man-Made cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Man-Made cartoons Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Vans Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).