Learn how to draw a great looking Ballet Shoes with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Ballet Shoes.
Ballet, or danse d'cole is a type of theatrical dance. Ballet was developed as entertainment for the royal courts of Italy during the Italian Renaissance, during the 1500s.
France soon became the center of this artistic movement.
Ballerinas or ballet dancers practice for years in order to master this art. In fact, most professional dancers begin training when they are 6 to 8 years old.
Later, they graduate to pointe shoes, as pictured in this drawing guide. These shoes have a hard toe, called the toe box, that allows the dancer to dance en pointe, or on the tips of the toes.
Pointe work was first developed in 1795.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a pair of ballet slippers? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Ballet Shoes
How to Draw a Great Looking Ballet Shoes for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the first leg and foot. Use two long curved lines. Notice how the lines generally curve in the same direction. Connect them at the top with a curved line and at the bottom with a straight line.
Easy Ballet Shoes Drawing - Step 2
2. Outline the remaining foot and lower leg. Use a long curved line, doubled back upon itself, to outline the top and bottom of the foot. Extend a curved line upward to form the back of the lower leg, and connect it to the first leg with a curved line.
Easy Ballet Shoes Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line across the first foot, outline the opening of the ballet shoe.
Easy Ballet Shoes Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a curved line across the length of the second foot, again outlining the top of the slipper.
Easy Ballet Shoes Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another curved line down the length of the second shoe, not connecting it at the top. This outlines the bottom or sole of the shoe.
Easy Ballet Shoes Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a pair of parallel curved lines across the first leg. Then, parallel lines above and below these, as if they are passing behind it. This indicates the ribbons used to lace up the shoes.
Easy Ballet Shoes Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two sets of parallel curved lines across the second leg, indicating the ribbons.
Add More Details to Your Ballet Shoes Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line above the ribbons on the first leg. This outlines yet another ribbon.
Complete the Outline of Your Ballet Shoes Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a curved line above the ribbons on the second leg.
Color Your Ballet Shoes Drawing
Color your cartoon ballet slippers. Classically, ballet shoes are a soft pink or rose color. They may be any color to match the ballet outfit.
Who will dance in these ballet shoes? Learn to draw your own cartoon character.
For more great Back to School drawing tutorials, see the 39 Cute Back to School Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Ballet Shoes Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).