Learn how to draw a great looking Vault Boy from Fallout with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Vault Boy from Fallout.
You can learn how to draw Vault Boy from Fallout with the help of this video game character drawing tutorial.
Vault Boy is the mascot of the fictional Vault-Tec Corporation. Within the game, this company "was a pre-War defense corporation which won the federal government contract to design and implement a network of bunkers.
Those bunkers were designed to protect the population of the United States from nuclear holocaust."
Within the game, Vault Boy is used to represent player stats and valuable items. He also appears in in-game videos and trophies.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
If it appears larger than your thumb, you are within the danger zone. So, Vault Boy is using his thumb to determine whether he should evacuate!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Vault Boy from Fallout
How to Draw a Great Looking Vault Boy from Fallout for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Vault Boy's face. Use a wide curved line for the smiling mouth and an "L" shaped line for the nose.
Shade an oval for each eye, and a thick curved line above each eye to indicate the eyebrows.
Easy Vault Boy from Fallout Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another curved line beneath the mouth, and connect the two with short curved lines at the corners. Use another short line to contour the chin.
Then, outline the face. Use curved lines for the sides of the face and a "C" shaped line for the ear.
Easy Vault Boy from Fallout Drawing - Step 3
3. From the ear, extend a long curved line over the head. Notice that the line is wavy to give texture to the hair.
From the tip of that line, draw another wavy line. Connect it to the side of the head using a short straight line.
Easy Vault Boy from Fallout Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a series of progressively shorter lines between the hair and ear. Use a "U" shaped line to form the neck of the shirt, and a short curved line to contour the neck.
Then, use long curved lines to sketch the outstretched arm and the front of the torso.
Easy Vault Boy from Fallout Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the sleeve by connecting the long lines with a short curved line. Then, sketch the hand. Use overlapping curved lines to form the thumb and fingers.
Easy Vault Boy from Fallout Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a spiral-shaped line to complete the pinky finger and the side of the hand. Then, use two curved lines to outline the remaining arm. Notice that they are bent at the elbow, forming gentle points.
Connect the lines at the bottom to enclose the sleeve. Then, extend a short curved line to begin tracing the remaining hand.
Easy Vault Boy from Fallout Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a curved line to complete the outline of the hand. Then use long, curved lines to outline the sides of the torso and legs. Draw a horizontal curved line across the middle to separate the shirt and pants.
Add More Details to Your Vault Boy from Fallout Picture - Step 8
8. Draw an inverted "Y" shaped line to complete the sides of the pant legs, and connect them at the bottom with curved lines. Then, use a series of curved lines to outline the shoe.
Complete the Outline of Your Vault Boy from Fallout Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose the remaining shoe using a curved line. Then, add detail to the shirt. Draw parallel lines down the center of the torso, then connect them to the shoulders and sides of the torso using curved lines.
Color Your Vault Boy from Fallout Drawing
Color your cartoon of Vault Boy. He typically wears blue and yellow clothing and has blonde hair. Sometimes he has dark skin or brown, black, or red hair.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Vault Boy from Fallout Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).