Learn how to draw a great looking Venom with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Venom drawing.
"Been to many worlds, but none of them this strange. Understood feelings before, but simple feelings - like colors, bold and bright. Happy. Sad. Angry. Then... met Spider-Man. Feelings got complicated... Feels good to be a hero... and heroes don't hide. Not from anything... especially their mistakes.
- Venom symbiote, Venom, Vol. 1
Venom is an anti-hero of the Marvel Comics universe who goes by many names. The Venom symbiote - an alien lifeform - has bonded with many characters, including Spider-Man, Deadpool, supervillain Lee Price, Army Corporal and Guardian of the Galaxy Flash Thompson, and career criminal Mac Gargan.
Venom imparts super strength and protective powers to its host. Venom also imprinted many of Spider-Man's powers, including web-slinging and adhesion. For this reason, his suit depicts a spider logo. He is not limited to bonding with one lifeform, and therefore finds a new host when separated from the former.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Venom in his numerous incarnations has played both the superhero and the supervillain. His appearance is frightening - even when a good guy - due to his large mouth full of pointed teeth and his long, reptilian tongue.
Would you like to draw Venom? This easy, step-by-step Marvel character drawing tutorial can show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your completed cartoon.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Venom
How to Draw a Great Looking Venom for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Venom's head. Use curved lines to craft an irregular oval shape.
Easy Venom Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch Venom's muscular arm. Use curved lines to outline each muscle. Enclose the hand using a "U" shaped line, forming sharply pointed fingers.
Easy Venom Drawing - Step 3
3. Use overlapping curved lines to draw Venom's shoulder and remaining arm. Enclose the hand using overlapping lines to indicate the fisted fingers. Then, draw a rectangle on the back of Venom's hand.
Easy Venom Drawing - Step 4
4. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch Venom's chest and one muscular leg. Enclose the foot by using short, curved lines to differentiate the toes. Then, draw a curved triangle at the tip of each toe to indicate the claw-like toenails.
Easy Venom Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch Venom's side and remaining leg, completing the outline of the character. Again, use curved lines to differentiate the toes, and draw rounded triangles to form the nails. Add detail to the hand. Use short lines to outline additional pointed fingers, and enclose a rectangular shape on the back of the hand.
Easy Venom Drawing - Step 6
6. Add muscular detail to Venom's body. Draw short, curved lines across the shoulders, at the base of the legs, at the knees, and on the ankle.
Easy Venom Drawing - Step 7
7. Detail Venom's face. Use wavy, curved lines to enclose two irregular teardrop shapes. Notice the points on each end. These are Venom's eyes. Outline the curved triangular shape of his open mouth, and connect it to the side of the face with a curved line. Then, draw two rows of sharp, triangular teeth inside the mouth.
Add More Details to Your Venom Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Venom's tongue, erasing guide lines as necessary. Extend two long, "S" shaped lines from the bottom row of teeth. Allow the lines to meet at a sharp point.
Complete the Outline of Your Venom Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the spider symbol on Venom's chest. Use curved lines to craft the spider's body and pointed fangs. Draw the legs using pairs of straight lines. Detail the spider with curved, horizontal lines across the abdomen.
Color Your Venom Drawing
Color Venom. He is typically black in color with grey markings and a bright red tongue.
Check out our cartoon characters drawing guides, where you'll find Venom's host Spider-Man, the Spider-man logo, and plenty of other comic book heroes and villains.
Venom Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).