Learn how to draw a great looking Wolverine from X-Men with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Wolverine from X-Men.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice."
Wolverine, also known as James Howlett, Logan, or Weapon X, is a Marvel Comics character and member of the X-Men. He is a mutant with superhuman strength, retractable claws, animal-like senses, and a rapid healing factor. His is considered an antihero, brooding and capable of deadly force.
Wolverine first hit the books - comic books, that is - in the 1970s, debuting in a Hulk comic book. He has since appeared in comics, television series, movies, video games, and merchandise. In 2008, he topped a list of the Top 200 Comic Book Characters.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Wolverine's claws were originally meant to extend only from his gloves, a type of technology. Later, however, it was revealed that he was a mutant with amazing physical adaptations.
Would you like to draw Wolverine? This easy, step-by-step superhero drawing guide is here to save the day. All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished hero.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Deadpool, Batman, and Spiderman.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Wolverine from X-Men
How to Draw a Great Looking Wolverine from X-Men for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Wolverine's mask. Use curved lines that meet at jagged points to outline the rough "M" shape of the mask. Draw curved lines to indicate the nose and small double teardrop shapes for the eyes. Enclose the top of the head by drawing a semicircle between the sides of the mask.
Easy Wolverine from X-Men Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the bottom half of Wolverine's face. Extend pairs of curved lines downward from the mask, and allow them to meet in sharp points. Connect them with a curved line, forming the chin. To draw the mouth, sketch a trapezoid. Then, draw lines parallel to three sides of the shape, and connect them at the corners.
Easy Wolverine from X-Men Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to sketch the left side of Wolverine's muscular torso and upper arm.
Easy Wolverine from X-Men Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Wolverine's gauntlet and claws. Sketch the glove using curved lines. Enclose the fingers by drawing overlapping "U" shaped lines. Draw a few short lines at the wrist to indicate a bend in the gauntlet. Finally, extend three pairs of long, curved lines from beneath the fingers. Allow them to meet at sharp points.
Easy Wolverine from X-Men Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a wide "V" shape across the chest. Then, use curved lines to sketch the remaining shoulder, arm, and gauntlet. Band the gauntlet with curved lines. From the top of the hand, extend three sets of narrowly spaced curved lines, allowing them to meet at a sharp point. Enclose the bases of these claws by drawing overlapping series of successively smaller ovals.
Easy Wolverine from X-Men Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose a curved rectangle beneath the "V", forming a belt. Complete the torso by connecting the arms to the belt using curved lines. Draw a small rectangular shape at the center of the belt, with a slightly smaller rectangle inside it. Then, draw an "X" shape within the rectangle.
Easy Wolverine from X-Men Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a long, curved line to outline the "T" shape of the bottom of the abdomen. Then, use long, curved lines to draw the thigh. Allow these to overlap with the shorter lines of the calf before meeting the "Y" shape at the top of the boot. Use curved lines to outline the boot and detail the knee.
Add More Details to Your Wolverine from X-Men Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to outline the remaining leg.
Complete the Outline of Your Wolverine from X-Men Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to detail the muscles of the leg and to enclose the boot, complete with its "Y" shaped embellishment.
Color Your Wolverine from X-Men Drawing
Color Wolverine. His suit is often yellow and blue.
Then, check out our characters drawing guides for more fantastic superhero fun.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Wolverine from X-Men Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).