Learn how to draw a great looking Yoshi with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Yoshi.
The dinosaurlike Yoshi debuted in the video game Super Mario World in 1990. He is a sidekick of Mario and Luigi.
Yoshi hatches from an egg and he is capable of devouring enemies with his large mouth. Yoshi has a long, prehensile, sticky tongue that he uses to grab characters, reach distant objects, and as a grappling hook.
His large nose helps him find hidden objects, and he can construct an egg around himself for protection. Characters can ride Yoshi as they would a horse.
The Yoshi or Yoshisaur species (originally a type of Koopa) live on Yoshi's Island and come in many colors. They may be green, orange, red, yellow, pink, fuschia, violet, or blue.
In some games, color denotes special characteristics.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In addition to Super Mario and Super Smash Bros., Yoshi has starred in a number of his own titled video games, as well as comic strips, movies, and merchandise.
He is listed among the Top 50 Video Game Characters of All Time. In the Mario franchise, he is second in popularity only to Mario himself.
Would you like to draw Yoshi from Super Mario Brothers? This easy, step-by-step video game drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished Yoshi.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Yoshi
How to Draw a Great Looking Yoshi for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will become Yoshi's snout or nose.
Easy Yoshi Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw curved lines extending from the snout. Draw a nearly complete oval using a series of lines, overlapping the side of the nose. Erase guide lines as necessary. This forms the lower half of Yoshi's face. Then, draw two curved lines at the tip of the snout to indicate the nostrils.
Easy Yoshi Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a rounded, "M" shaped line to enclose Yoshi's eyes. Use a second "M" shaped line and a curved line to complete his eye ridges.
Easy Yoshi Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw an oval within an oval to detail each eye. Use curved lines to enclose half circles on the back of Yoshi's head.
Easy Yoshi Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to outline Yoshi's chest, arm, and fist. Notice how the curved lines of the bent fingers overlap.
Easy Yoshi Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a curved line between the head and arm to enclose Yoshi's back. Then, sketch his turtle shell or saddle. Draw the lower portions of the saddle by drawing curved lines that double back upon themselves. Connect the ends with a curved line, giving the saddle a rounded shape.
Easy Yoshi Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to outline Yoshi's tail, upper leg, and stomach.
Add More Details to Your Yoshi Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Yoshi's boot. Use curved lines to outline the irregular shape. Then, use curved lines to form the ankle and sole.
Complete the Outline of Your Yoshi Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to outline Yoshi's remaining boot and his extended hand. Notice how the fingers are enclosed using "U" shaped lines.
Color Your Yoshi Drawing
Color Yoshi. He is typically green with a white belly, orange boots, and red spikes and saddle.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Yoshi Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).