Learn how to draw a great looking Baby Bunny with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Baby Bunny.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Rabbits are long-eared, ground dwelling mammals. They inhabit places such as deserts, tropical forests, and wetlands. They eat mostly grasses and herbs.
Rabbits are well known for quickly producing offspring. Many rabbits can produce four or five litters of baby bunnies per year. Each litter may have up to seven cute baby bunnies.
Baby bunnies have long, soft fur. It is usually brown or gray in color. And they have a small tuft of delicate fur that makes up their tail. They are quiet and cuddly and can make good pets.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Bunnies are usually silent. But sometimes they thump a foot loudly against the ground. This behavior was imitated in the 1942 animated film Bambi. The baby bunny Thumper loved to repeatedly thump his foot on the ground.
Babs and Buster Bunny are also examples of young rabbits similar to the one in our drawing guide. This brother and sister duo starred in the animated television series Tiny Toon Adventures, where they were among the next generation of Looney Tunes stars.
Would you like to draw a cute baby bunny? This easy, step-by-step animal drawing guide is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Beaver, Easter Bunny, and Bunny.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Baby Bunny
How to Draw a Great Looking Baby Bunny for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle to outline the baby bunny's head.
Easy Baby Bunny Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a "U" shaped line under the head and connect it to the circle using short curved lines that meet at jagged points. This forms the fur of the baby bunny's jaw. Draw a curved line from one side of the circle to the top.
Easy Baby Bunny Drawing - Step 3
3. Using a long, curved line that doubles back upon itself, enclose an ear on one side of the head. Enclose a second ear in the same manner. Notice the overlap of lines on one of the ears, indicating a bend in the floppy ear.
Easy Baby Bunny Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase guide lines within the head.
Easy Baby Bunny Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a long, curved line within the right ear, and double it back upon itself to detail the inner ear. use curved lines to outline a similar shape within the floppy ear. Add dimension to each ear by drawing a short curved line extending from the head.
Easy Baby Bunny Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch the bunny's arms. Outline each arm using pairs of curved lines. Enclose the hands at the ends of the arms, using a "U" shaped line to sketch each finger.
Easy Baby Bunny Drawing - Step 7
7. Use long, curved lines to outline the bunny's torso and upper legs. Note the slight overlap of lines where the legs join the body. Then, use overlapping curved lines to sketch the feet and toes.
Add More Details to Your Baby Bunny Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose an irregular rounded shape within the stomach, indicating the soft underbelly. Use a series of short, curved lines to enclose a circular shape just above the rear leg. This is the bunny's fluffy tail.
Complete the Outline of Your Baby Bunny Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the bunny's face. Draw an inverted triangle with rounded corners to indicate the nose. Beneath it, enclose the mouth and large front teeth using several "U" shaped lines. Use long, curved lines to outline the fur around the cheeks and eyes. Draw a series of three successively smaller ovals nested within each other to form each eye. Shade between the two smallest ovals, indicating the pupil. Finally, draw a teardrop shape above each eye to indicate the eyebrow.
Color Your Baby Bunny Drawing
Color your baby bunny. Rabbits come in many colors, including white, black, grey, and brown. Some are spotted or striped.
Want to draw more cute baby animals? Hop on over to our animal drawing guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Baby Bunny Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).