Learn how to draw a great looking Baby Wolf with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Baby Wolf.
Wolves have long played a role in myth, literature, and popular culture. Its natural range spans Europe, Asia, and North America, and the domestic dog arose from the gray wolf. In various cultures, wolves have represented evil and selfishness or wisdom and strength.
Famous wolf archetypes have included "the big bad wolf," who assaulted Little Red Riding Hood as well as the Three Little Pigs. Aesop's fables include "The Boy Who Cried Wolf," in which a wolf hunts the herder's sheep.
On the other hand, a female wolf was said to have taken care of the legendary founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus, when abandoned as children. The Jungle Book similarly finds a pack of wolves caring for an orphaned babe.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Animated films and shows featuring wolves have included Balto, Alpha and Omega, Beauty and the Beast, and the anime series Wolf's Rain.
Would you like to draw your own cuddly wolf pup? Now you can, with the help of this easy, step-by-step animal drawing tutorial. You will need only a sheet of paper, a pencil, and an eraser. You may also wish to color your completed wolf.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Baby Wolf
How to Draw a Great Looking Baby Wolf for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will form the basis for the wolf's head.
Easy Baby Wolf Drawing - Step 2
2. Weave a wavy, curved line in and out of the circle to outline the wolf's forehead, snout, and lower jaw. On the top of the head, draw curved lines that meet in points to indicate scruffy fur. Enclose the irregular shape of the nose at the tip of the snout.
Easy Baby Wolf Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the overlapping guide lines from the original circle you drew on 1 so the head of the baby wolf takes shape.
Easy Baby Wolf Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two long, curved lines descending from the head to form the wolf's back and chest.
Easy Baby Wolf Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a long, curved line to connect the wolf's back and belly, fully enclosing the shape of its body. Notice the overlap that will become the top of the rear leg.
Easy Baby Wolf Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend a pair of long, curved lines from the base of the body. Then, continue these using a series of shorter curved lines that meet at jagged points. This forms the wolf's tail. Band the tip of the tail with a curved line. Then, draw the leg, erasing guide lines as necessary. Round out the front of the leg using a series of curved lines that meet at points. Then, use a series of curved lines to enclose the foot and toes. Notice that the line above the foot is not solid.
Easy Baby Wolf Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the front legs, erasing guide lines as necessary. Extend a long line downward from the head and across the chest, with a few jagged points at the top of the leg. Draw an accompanying line emerging from the mid-torso. Enclose the foot at the end using "U" shaped lines. Extend another line to form the far leg, and complete the foot using curved lines. Draw a line between the front and rear legs to indicate the underbelly.
Add More Details to Your Baby Wolf Picture - Step 8
8. Give the chest the texture of fur by drawing lines that meet at jagged points, erasing guide lines as necessary. Use curved "V" shaped lines to enclose the ears. In the near ear, add detail using a curved triangle.
Complete the Outline of Your Baby Wolf Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the wolf's face. Draw a series of curved and jagged lines across the face. Shade a curved shape to form the closed eye, and enclose another to indicate the eyebrow. Draw tiny, sharp triangles within the mouth to form teeth.
Color Your Baby Wolf Drawing
Wolves come in many, many colors. They may be grey, black, white, brown, blonde, or any combination of these colors.
Complete your pack! Check out our other wolf drawing guides.
For more great Dog drawing tutorials, see the 50 Cute Dog Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Baby Wolf Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).