Learn how to draw a great looking Arctic Fox with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Arctic Fox.
The arctic fox is also known as the white fox, snow fox, or polar fox. It lives in the cold northern polar regions of the world. In times past, it has been sought after for the beauty of its snow white fur.
Arctic foxes eat both meat and plants. They live in burrows in the ground, and are active during the day and night.
Arctic foxes are capable of withstanding freezing temperatures that many other animals could not. It is the only dog whose foot pads are covered in fur, and it is known to wrap its tail around itself in order to keep warm.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Cartoon characters based on the Arctic fox are not uncommon. The Pokémon Vulpix and Ninetales bear similarities to the Arctic fox. Marvel Comics also hosts a Korean superhero called White Fox.
Would you like to draw a sleek Arctic fox? This easy, step-by-step fox drawing guide is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
See also, Step-by-Step Guide to Drawing a Dog.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing an Arctic Fox
How to Draw a Great Looking Arctic Fox for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle to outline the fox's head.
Easy Arctic Fox Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a wide "U" shaped line overlapping the top of the head. Then, draw curved lines from the ends of the "U" to the circle, enclosing rounded triangles. These will form the fox's ears. Draw a wide "U" shaped line beneath the circle, and connect it to the circle using short curved lines connected in jagged points. This forms the fox's muzzle and jaw.
Easy Arctic Fox Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose a rounded shape beneath the head using a series of short curved lines connected in jagged points. The lines should connect at the bottom in the downward facing point. This forms the fox's furry chest, sometimes called a ruff.
Easy Arctic Fox Drawing - Step 4
4. Using a long curved line, enclose a rounded shape below and to one side of the ruff. This indicates the fox's body.
Easy Arctic Fox Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend two sets of parallel lines downward from the body, forming the legs. Enclose a foot at the bottom of each leg, using multiple curved lines to indicate the toes.
Easy Arctic Fox Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two curved lines within the body, forming an incomplete circle. This is the fox's hip or haunches. Connect the lines by drawing the fox's foot, using several short curved lines to indicate the toes.
Easy Arctic Fox Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase guide lines from the fox's face and body.
Add More Details to Your Arctic Fox Picture - Step 8
8. Extend two long curved lines upward from the back of the fox's body. Allow the lines to meet at a gentle point, forming the bushy tail. Use short curved lines connected in jagged points to enclose a rounded diamond shape at the tip of the tail.
Complete the Outline of Your Arctic Fox Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the fox's face and body. Enclose triangles within each ear to form the inner ear. Use short lines to add the texture of fur to the ears, face, chest, and tail. Draw a rounded shape to form the eyes, and shade darkened points on each side. Use a curved line across each eye to form the eyelid, and a shaded circle within a circle to indicate the pupils. Enclose curved shapes for the eyebrows and a rounded shape for the nose. Use a curved "W" shaped line to indicate the mouth.
Color Your Arctic Fox Drawing
Color your Arctic fox. In winter, Arctic foxes are a snowy white, but their summer coats are grey. The foxes may appear spotted when shedding one coat for another.
You'll find many more Arctic animals, such as whales and polar bears, and the fox's cousins, such as coyotes and wolves, in our selection of animal drawing guides.
For more easy dog drawing tutorials, see the collection of Tutorials for Dog Drawing Ideas.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Master the Art of Drawing Dogs with Step-by-Step Tutorials page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Arctic Fox Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).