Draw a great looking Bank Vault with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
Would you like to learn how to draw a bank vault? You can, with the help of this easy cartoon drawing tutorial.
A bank vault is "a secure space where money, valuables, records, and documents are stored." It protects these items from thieves, fires, natural disasters, and other threats. Vaults are sometimes called safes or strongrooms.
What is kept in a bank vault? Money, of course! This could be in the form of coins, bills, or bars of precious metals.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Bank vaults often appear in cartoons or live-action dramas when thieves seek to steal priceless items. What will you keep in your cartoon bank vault?
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Bank Vault
1. Begin by outlining the shape of the vault. You will use six straight or slightly curved lines to create a large irregular hexagon. As you fill in the details, the sides of this hexagon will become the front and side of the rectangular safe.
2. Draw a large rectangle within the shape to form the door of the vault. Draw smaller rectangles with rounded corners overlapping one of the vertical lines. Erase as necessary. The will form the hinges of the door.
3. Draw a curved line across the bottom of one small rectangle and the top of the other. This gives the hinges a cylindrical aspect. Then, draw three successively smaller circles, one inside the other, near the top of the door. This is the safe's lock.
4. Draw the round handle used to open the safe. First, draw two "U" shaped lines at diagonal angles. Then sketch a circle behind them.
5. Use curved lines to draw the spokes of the knob on the opposite side. Then, draw a large circle around the spokes.
6. Draw another, larger circle around the knob. Sketch a smaller circle inside it, partially hidden by the spokes.
7. Erase a portion of the outline at the bottom of the side of the safe. Then, use straight lines to sketch a three-dimensional rectangular shape.
Divide the front of the shape into two rectangles, and notice the incomplete lines at the corners. These will become stacks of money or blocks of gold to be held in the safe.
8. Fill in the empty space on top of the gold bars with another gold bar. Draw a three-dimensional rectangle as you would a cube. Use straight lines to draw the rectangular front and side, and connect them with an "L" shaped line.
9. Texture the sides of the gold bars with straight lines.
Color your cartoon bank vault. We've fashioned ours in different shades of grey, as it is made out of metal.
We also colored the rectangular cubes green so they look like stacks of cash. You can do the same, or color them to look like gold or silver bars.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).