Learn how to draw a great looking Bear with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Bear.
Bears are strong, amazing animals. You can draw one quickly and easily thanks to this bear drawing guide.
The step-by-step instructions below are easy to follow. Look for new lines highlighted in blue in each illustration.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
It could even be a black bear or a polar bear. You can learn how to draw a polar bear here.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Bear
How to Draw a Great Looking Bear for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon bear outline by drawing the bear's face. For the eyes, draw two circles with smaller circles inside them. Shade between them.
Use a curved line for the top of the snout, and small wavy lines to contour around the eyes.
Easy Bear Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose the irregular round shape of the nose. Use curved lines to contour the nostrils. Then sketch the upper and lower jaws, including the inside of the mouth and the sharp canine teeth.
Easy Bear Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a series of curved lines to outline the bear’s head. Notice the round shape of the ears and the jagged points that suggest fur. Contour inside the ears with additional jagged lines.
Easy Bear Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend long curved lines from the top and bottom of the head to begin outlining the body. Conour the base of the neck with a series of short curved lines that suggest a furry texture.
Easy Bear Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of long and short curved lines to draw the bear’s leg. Notice the short, jagged lines that afford the texture of fur and the overlapping lines that form the toes.
Easy Bear Drawing - Step 6
6. Shade a small oval at the tip of each toe to indicate the claws. Then, sketch the remaining foreleg and belly with a series of long and short lines. Notice the jagged texture of the fur.
Easy Bear Drawing - Step 7
7. Use long and short curved lines to draw the rear leg. Notice the jagged, furry texture near the top of the leg and the overlapping lines that form the toes.
Add More Details to Your Bear Picture - Step 8
8. Use overlapping curved lines to finish enclosing the bear’s body. Shade small claws on each of the toes.
Complete the Outline of Your Bear Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a curved line between the near legs to outline the remaining rear leg. Then texture the body and limbs with short lines.
Color Your Bear Drawing
Your cartoon bear outline is now complete. Color your realistic drawing.
Bears come in many different colors - black bears, brown bears, and white polar bears, for example. Some bears are black with brown or blonde markings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Bear Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).