Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Polar Bear with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Cartoon Polar Bear.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
A beloved series of Coca-Cola print ads and commercials featuring began in 1922. Now, you can learn how to draw a cartoon polar bear with the help of this polar bear drawing tutorial.
You can see real, live polar bears on nature documentaries and in zoos around the world. But are there other popular cartoon polar bears?
Yes, there are! Popular culture loves these adorable animals.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In the animated film Balto, two polar bear cubs named Muk and Luk provide comic relief for Boris the goose and Balto the wolf-dog.
Other examples include Ice Bear from We Bare Bears, Noah of Noah's Island, and the panserbjorne of The Golden Compass.
What makes polar bears special? Polar bears are larger than brown bears, weighing up to 700 kg (1,500 lbs). They live on the Arctic ice and hunt animals such as seals. They are also becoming increasingly rare.
Polar bears are endangered, and their icy home is melting. What can you do? Try to reduce and recycle the amount of plastic and other pollutants you use.
You can also draw a cute cartoon polar bear to raise awareness for this beautiful creature.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Polar Bear Cub, Grizzly Bear, and Cartoon Bear.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Polar Bear
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Polar Bear for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the polar bear's eyes. Use curved lines to outline the shape of the eyes. Notice how the lower line of one eye extends to form the top of the nose. Shade a circle or partial circle within each eye to form the pupil. Then, draw a thick curved line above each eye to indicate the eyebrows.
Easy Cartoon Polar Bear Drawing - Step 2
2. Outline the bear's face. Draw an irregular rounded shape at the tip of the snout to indicate the nose. Then, use curved lines to sketch the top of the head and the upper lips.
Easy Cartoon Polar Bear Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a series of long and short curved lines to outline the lower jaw, the furry neck, and the chest. Then, draw a perpendicular curved line to begin sketching the foreleg.
Easy Cartoon Polar Bear Drawing - Step 4
4. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the toes and the furry back of the leg. Use a curved line to outline the far ear. Texture it and the forehead with short curved lines.
Easy Cartoon Polar Bear Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the remaining ear using a pair of curved lines. Then, use curved lines that meet at jagged points to sketch the furry side of the face and shoulder.
Easy Cartoon Polar Bear Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend a curved line from the back of the leg to form the belly. Then, draw a perpendicular curved line to begin the rear leg. Begin sketching the toes using overlapping curved lines.
Easy Cartoon Polar Bear Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete the outline of the bear. Use a series of curved lines that meet to form a furry texture to draw the bear's back, rump, and back of the leg.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Polar Bear Picture - Step 8
8. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to draw the remaining foreleg, paw, and toes.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Polar Bear Drawing - Step 9
9. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the remaining rear leg, paw, and toes. Contour the top of the near leg with a curved line.
Color Your Cartoon Polar Bear Drawing
Color your cartoon polar bear. These massive animals appear white and blend in with the snow, but did you know? Their hairs are actually clear and their skin is black. This helps them to absorb the maximum amount of heat from the sun. Reflection of the sun's rays results in their white appearance.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Polar Bear Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).