Learn how to draw a great looking Black Man's Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Black Man's Face.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to draw a portrait of an African American man? This black man's face drawing tutorial will show you how.
Who would you like to make a portrait of? A celebrity? A friend or family member? Yourself?
Once you learn the concepts in this drawing guide, you will be able to draw many types of portraits by adjusting the details of the picture. How might you adjust the contours of the face or restyle the hair?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You can also practice your skills by drawing portraits of well-known individuals. For example, you can learn how to draw Martin Luther King, Jr.
Note the bulging muscles of the man in the portrait below. Could you turn him into a superhero? What would his costume look like? You can draw inspiration from this Black Panther drawing guide.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Black Man's Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Black Man's Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the black man's face outline by drawing the eyes. Use two curved lines to outline each eye, noting that the lines do not meet at the corners. Enclose two partial circles in each eye, and shade the smaller ones to indicate the pupils.
Easy Black Man's Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw curved lines above the eyes to indicate the lids. Then, enclose the eyebrows above the eyes. Notice that they are made using a series of curved lines, giving them the texture of hair.
Easy Black Man's Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to sketch the bridge of the nose, its tip, and nostrils.
Easy Black Man's Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the man's mouth. Start with curved lines that meet at a slight "V." Then, use curved lines to enclose the lips above and below the line. Finally, draw short lines at each corner of the mouth.
Easy Black Man's Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to draw the man's ears, cheeks, and chin. Notice the definition of the jawline. Contour the chin by drawing a short line beneath the mouth.
Easy Black Man's Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Contour inside the ears with three connected curved lines. Contour the cheekbones with curved lines.
Easy Black Man's Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a wavy curved line from one ear to the other, forming the hairline. Draw another wavy curved line above it to indicate the hair on top of the head.
Add More Details to Your Black Man's Face Picture - Step 8
8. Draw long lines from the hair on top of the head to the tops of the ears, completely enclosing the outline of the face. Then, extend lines downward from the face to indicate the neck. Extend curved lines overlapping the bottom of the neck, and again extend lines overlapping these lines. This forms the man's muscular shoulders.
Complete the Outline of Your Black Man's Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to draw the neck of the man's shirt and to contour his collar bones.
Color Your Black Man's Face Drawing
Your African American man portrait is now complete. Color your drawing using colored pencils or markers.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Black Man's Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).