Learn how to draw a great looking Black Girl with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Black Girl.
Would you like to draw a portrait of a woman with African American features and hairstyle? This black girl drawing guide can show you how.
Often, art class models are of European descent. But this guide features a beautiful African American woman.
Her hair is one of the most striking features. It conveys a texture and style that many black women can relate to. You can use colored pencils to bring life and warmth to your drawing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw even more black girl cartoons? Check out these famous characters and fun projects:
- How to draw Princess Tiana from The Princess and the Frog
- How to draw Rena Rouge from Miraculous
- How to draw best friends
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Black Girl
How to Draw a Great Looking Black Girl for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the black girl outline by drawing her eyes. Use two curved lines for each eye, noting that the lines do not meet in the corners. Draw a curved line above each eye to indicate the lid. Enclose two partial circles inside each eye. Shade the smaller circles to indicate the pupils.
Easy Black Girl Drawing - Step 2
2. Shade thick curved shapes for the eyebrows. Enclose large and small triangles at the corners of the eyes and shade them to indicate the lashes. Then, use curved lines to sketch the nose - its bridge, tip, and nostrils.
Easy Black Girl Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to outline the cheek and chin. Then, draw two curved lines that meet at a slightly downturned point to form the mouth. Draw curved lines above and below the mouth to enclose the lips and short lines at the mouth's corners.
Easy Black Girl Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the ear using a "C" shaped line. Draw two parallel incomplete circles to form the hoop earring. Detail the contours of the ear with a series of curved lines.
Easy Black Girl Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of connected curved lines to draw the hairline. Notice that it consists of two segments that overlap. Then, use parallel "C" shaped lines to trace the remaining earring.
Easy Black Girl Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a series of curved lines - some of which meet at points - to complete the hairstyle.
Easy Black Girl Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend curved lines below the head to form the neck. Then, trace the neck and shoulders of the turtleneck sweater.
Add More Details to Your Black Girl Picture - Step 8
8. Texture the hair and blouse with curved lines, especially noting those lines that denote the tops of the sleeves.
Complete the Outline of Your Black Girl Drawing - Step 9
9. Add additional texture to the hair using curved lines.
Color Your Black Girl Drawing
Your black girl portrait is now complete. Use your favorite colored pencils or markers to shade your drawing.
For more great people drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step People Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Black Girl Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).