Learn how to draw a great looking Black Boy with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Black Boy.
Would you like to man a portrait of a young African American male? This black boy drawing guide can show you how.
Media representation of black men apart from stereotypes is important. In recent years, for example, we've seen an increase in young black or African American superheroes.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Diverse characters help people feel included. You can learn how to draw them, too!
- How to draw the Black Panther
- How to draw Cyborg from Teen Titans
- How to draw Miles Morales Spider-Man
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Black Boy
How to Draw a Great Looking Black Boy for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the black boy outline by drawing the eyes. Outline the eyes with curved lines, noting that the lines do not meet at the corners. Enclose two partial circles inside each eye. Shade the smaller circles to indicate the pupils.
Easy Black Boy Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to contour the eyelids and the bridge of the nose. Then, use a series of curved lines to sketch each eyebrow. Note the bulges that indicate tufts of hair at each end.
Easy Black Boy Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to sketch the tip of the nose, the nostrils, and the mouth.
Easy Black Boy Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a long curved line to trace the chin and sides of the face. Draw curved lines above and below the mouth, forming the lips. Draw a short line at each corner of the mouth.
Easy Black Boy Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of curved lines to sketch the ear and hairline.
Easy Black Boy Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining ear, fully enclosing the outline of the face. Then, contour inside each ear with three connected curved lines.
Easy Black Boy Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a series of short curved lines, connected to the ears on each side, to outline the top of the head and hair. Then, extend two lines down from the head to form the boy's neck.
Add More Details to Your Black Boy Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the collar of the boy's shirt. Use long curved lines to trace the rounded parallelogram sides of the collar as well as the oval-shaped front.
Complete the Outline of Your Black Boy Drawing - Step 9
9. Finish drawing the boy's shirt. Draw a "V" shaped line to finish the neck and collar. Extend lines outward from the collar to form the shoulders and the tops of the sleeves.
Color Your Black Boy Drawing
Your black male portrait is now complete. You can use colored pencils or markers to shade your drawing.
For more great people drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner People Drawing Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Black Boy Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).