Learn how to draw a great looking Boy Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Boy Face.
No matter what they draw later, every cartoonist starts with the fundamentals. Learn how to draw a boy face so you can study shapes and anatomy.
Whatever the case, every great cartoonist has one thing in common: they know how to draw people.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
If you're new to cartooning, this guide shows you how to draw a simple boy face with a basic expression.
You'll also learn about drawing ears, hair and facial features. Once you've mastered these elements, you can draw just about anything.
You can also experiment with different art styles, like chibi and anime. These styles use cartooning fundamentals to add a twist on a classic art style.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Boy Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Boy Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. To start, sketch curved lines with domes on top like you're drawing a cartoon boy. Draw circles inside these shapes, then draw smaller circles and cut them out.
Easy Boy Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch a dash above each eye. For the nose, make a loop with a vertical line above it like a drawing of a school boy. Draw a curve with a dash on each end underneath the nose.
Easy Boy Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the head with a wide V-shape with a rounded bottom. Draw a loop underneath the mouth, then add triangles to signify the teeth.
Easy Boy Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw ovals with curved lines on either side of the head to represent the ears.
Easy Boy Face Drawing - Step 5
5. On each side of the head, draw a small hill followed by a vertical line. Sketch a few dashes on top of the head.
Easy Boy Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Use loose, sketchy triangles to draw the hair like you're sketching flames. Don't worry about making the shapes straight or even.
Easy Boy Face Drawing - Step 7
7. To outline the hair, make two curves with the occasional triangle. Add two lines inside the hair you've already drawn.
Add More Details to Your Boy Face Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the hair with more sketchy shapes. Draw more lines inside the head.
Complete the Outline of Your Boy Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Add two more lines inside the hair, then use rotated L-shapes for the head and neck with two straight lines connecting them.
Color Your Boy Face Drawing
To complete your cartoon boy face, outline the drawing with black and erase the pencil marks. Fill in the pupils with black ink.
Finally, color your cartoon boy face with your favorite skin and hair colors. Use different shades to represent the highlights and shadows. This guide suggests blue, but you can add any color for the shirt.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Boy Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).